Windows 7/Dream PC 2006 suddenly shutsdown during COH1 and COH2 beta.

Old April 18th 13, 12:54 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,sci.electronics.design
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Default Windows 7/Dream PC 2006 suddenly shutsdown during COH1 and COH2 beta.

On Thu, 18 Apr 2013 07:38:04 +0200, "Skybuck Flying"
wrote:

The power supply used to be the seasonic S12... which could deliver 600
watts of power.

And you are a complete idiot for thinking that ANY modern graphics card
could be powered by it.

It's internal cabling was too short for the antec12 case and the motherboard
so it was replaced with:

OCZ Mod X Stream Power Supply it can deliver 780 watt and was designed for
SLI.

Sure... back when SLI was introduced and vid cards only wanted half
that.

Nowhere near enough for even the cheapest modern SLI graphic cards,
especially those which are nvidia powered.

So it should have no problems power a mere GT 520 ?

You are a mere idiot. Look what evga or any other card maker states as
being the minimum supply needs.

Unless something special
going on with GT 520 ?

No... just you being eSPECIALly stupid.

GT 520 is considered low end... it's even passively cooled...

No, your brain power is considered low end. You break everything you
touch because you can't keep your hands off it.

Usually, I (one) would hope that a person would learn something from
their experiences. Your reputation, however, precedes you.

I hope you do not try to work in the computer field when you grow up.
Old April 18th 13, 12:56 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,sci.electronics.design
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Thu, 18 Apr 2013 07:38:04 +0200, "Skybuck Flying"
wrote:

amps on rails are unspecified...

BULL****!

ALL ATX spec power supplies have declarations of what EACH and EVERY
rail supplies.

If you are unfamiliar with what the terminology refers to, you should
ask.
Old April 18th 13, 12:59 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,sci.electronics.design
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Thu, 18 Apr 2013 07:38:04 +0200, "Skybuck Flying"
wrote:

I selected my components carefully... so I think it's ok.

Bwuahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Says the 13 year old.

Oh and I just noticed... it is a beta! Ever stop to think that you
may have reached the end of the beta gameplay, or a bug, you stupid
twit?!!!
Old April 18th 13, 03:12 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_7_]

Dude seriously.... the GT 520 is passively cooled and only consumes 45 watts
?!

Either you trolling or you need to come up with some facts/explanations why
it wouldnt be enough ?! =)

Now I do know that watts and ampere is different... so you explain it to me
if something is going on with that...

But you probably don't have to bother because I have gamed with it a lot
already...

So the shutdown is something rare/strange/odd.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old April 18th 13, 03:16 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_7_]

"
amps on rails are unspecified...

BULL****!
ALL ATX spec power supplies have declarations of what EACH and EVERY
rail supplies.
If you are unfamiliar with what the terminology refers to, you should
ask.
"

I checked the box... nothing in the box... nothing on the box... at least
the seasonic box mentioned it... but not the ocz

Maybe I have the manual in the other motherboard box, that's right...

Ok you been usefull.. me go find the manual

Here are the specs for you:

For the +12v rail the ampere is max 20 A ! and minimum 0.5 A

I am not stupid you know...

I checked these numbers ofcourse... before I bought it ! DUH...

At least to power my old 7900 GTX cards.. which I dont use anymore...

And surely a mere GT 520 won't exceed 7900 GTX cards on the ampere front ?
come on ?! =D

Hihihi you hilarius ! =D

Old April 18th 13, 03:17 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_7_]

"
Bwuahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Says the 13 year old.

Oh and I just noticed... it is a beta! Ever stop to think that you
may have reached the end of the beta gameplay, or a bug, you stupid
twit?!!!
"

Learn to read dumbwit... yes I know it's difficult for you to wade through
my postings...

Why the fok you think I make them so detailed...

I already wrote... it happened in COH1 as well ! =D

Which is not in beta.

Perhaps code from COH1 triggered it in COH2...

But I have seen at least one weird reset with my own APP... could be
unrelated though...

Old April 18th 13, 03:18 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_7_]

I shall report the system shutdown on the beta forum just in case it's
COH-specific...

Unfortunately I don't play much other games anymore... so dont know if it
happens with other games...

Come to think of it maybe it happened with aliens colonial marines... not
sure... for now assume not.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old April 18th 13, 03:19 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_7_]

"DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno" wrote in message

On Thu, 18 Apr 2013 07:16:25 +0200, "Skybuck Flying"
wrote:

But now I am also starting to believe it might be an NVIDIA Graphics Driver
problem... for the GT 520.

I updated that driver not so long ago, ever since... 2 system shutdowns
have
happened... quite weird.

"
POWER SUPPLY, idiot.

Either the connections or the supply itself. It should be at least
1000W or even 1200W minimum.
"

Nope you way off... also with those things circuit breaks will start to flip
when multiple PCs/devices on !

1000 watt for a PC is insane anyway !

Old April 18th 13, 06:22 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,sci.electronics.design
Paul

Skybuck Flying wrote:
Dude seriously.... the GT 520 is passively cooled and only consumes 45
watts ?!

Either you trolling or you need to come up with some facts/explanations
why it wouldnt be enough ?! =)

Now I do know that watts and ampere is different... so you explain it to
me if something is going on with that...

But you probably don't have to bother because I have gamed with it a
lot already...

So the shutdown is something rare/strange/odd.

Bye,
Skybuck.

The GT 520 is actually 29 watts, but who is counting.

http://www.gpureview.com/GeForce-GT-520-card-650.html

Your entire box could probably run off a 350 to 450W supply.

Paul
Old April 18th 13, 06:26 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,sci.electronics.design
Paul

Skybuck Flying wrote:
"
[...]

A select few power supplies, put the label on the wrong side
of the supply. I don't know if OCZ has ever done that, but
it has happened on other brands.

Download the product brief, from OCZ, for the model in question.
A representation of the label sticker, is included here, with numbers.

http://ocz.com/consumer/download/pro...duct_brief.pdf

Paul