Changing boot drive from I to C

Old March 28th 09, 02:39 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Brian Griffin

Default Changing boot drive from I to C

After several days of trial and error removing a ICH5R RAID and going back
to two separate drives, I have got XP working on one of the drives that
originally formed the RAID, but unfortunately this drive is now labelled
"I". I
have copied an image of this drive to the other former RAID drive and
labelled this drive "C". I went back into the BIOS to get it to boot from
drive C, but changing the drive boot sequence did not have the desired
effect but just changed over the names of the drives which I had given them.
The computer still boots from drive I. How do I get it to boot from drive C,
which is incidentally "active"?
Cheers,
Brian

Old March 31st 09, 12:52 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
OldMan

Disconnect all other drives & media readers copy image to the single
remaining drive
Or disconnect all drives, including media readers, excepting the one you
copied the image to, then the use recovery consol to Fix Boot
If you had simply disconnected one drive, adjusted the bios to none raid it
should have booted normally to C
No image required
As it is I would guess your PC has a media reader and this is taking C to H

Old April 1st 09, 05:22 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Brian Griffin

Unfortunately, disconnecting one of the two raid drives would not have
worked because they were set up as a RAID 0 i.e. striped raid. I do have a
permanently fitted card reader and this is causing no end of problems so I'm
going to disconnect it and go back to using an external USB one, which I
will only plug in when I need it. As for transferring drive I to drive C, to
be honest I've given up on it now. There doesn't seem to be a problem with
using drive I (at the moment anyway).
Cheers and thanks
Brian