Dual Monitor Usage

Old May 7th 08, 03:09 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Gary

Default Dual Monitor Usage

Can somebody please explain to me how to use dual monitor? I have it set up
but how do I open another program on it? The only thing on it is the
desktop but no icons or start bar and the only thing that I've been able to
open on it is the NVidia Control Panel as I can right click on the display.
Thanks,
Gary

Old May 8th 08, 01:50 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Robert McMillan[_2_]

You dont need to open windows on that monitor, you can move them accross
from the other monitor. Select an open program on the first monitor, if it
is maximised then press the restore icon (next to the close X up in the top
right) and drag it accross to the other screen. If it wasnt maximised then
you should already be able to drag it accross. To get a taskbar on the
second screen I can recommend the program Ultramon
http://realtimesoft.com/ultramon/ it is not free, though i believe a trial
is available.

Old May 8th 08, 02:53 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
John

"Gary" wrote in message
Can somebody please explain to me how to use dual monitor? I have it set
up but how do I open another program on it? The only thing on it is the
desktop but no icons or start bar and the only thing that I've been able
to open on it is the NVidia Control Panel as I can right click on the
display.
Thanks,
Gary

I use it with Microsoft Flight Simulator X. I drag the instrument panel
over to the second monitor, leaving the sky on my main monitor. Or, I drag
the kneepad box to the second monitor.

And I open Excel on the main monitor in Restore mode, then drag the edge of
the spreadsheet over to the second monitor. This way I can open the
spreadsheet with many dozens of columns.

If I need to copy something and use all of the main monitor for writing a
text, I drag what I want to copy over to the second monitor.

Since I write text with Bible verses in it, I can open eSword on the second
monitor to do research, then bring the verse into the text.

I leave Winamp running on the second monitor to select the kind of music I
want to listen to while I work on the main screen.

John