DX10 in XP

Old May 3rd 07, 09:54 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Conor

Default DX10 in XP

In article , Cessna 310 says...

Will DX10 be available for XP?

Yes. Someone has already hacked the preview version to work on XP.

--
Conor

until you hear them speak.........
Old May 3rd 07, 09:55 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mr.E Solved!

Cessna 310 wrote:

Will DX10 be available for XP?

IMHO I suspect it will have to be if Vista's sales do not improve. It is
technically possible, regardless of how complicated it is, and
regardless of how 'integrated' it might or might not be be with Vista.

I offer the continuing support of AGP as evidence of the longevity of
successful, but surpassed designs. Who suspected GeForce 7950GT's would
be available in AGP? Who would suspect DX10 would be made available for
WinXP? Not to mention nvidia is a strong supporter of DX10 to XP.

It would also be an admission of the utter failure that is Vista.

Old May 3rd 07, 07:25 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
don't look[_2_]

Me three.Except I can't get Sandra or 3dmark '06 to run.
Got a legit copy of Vista premium sitting here unopened.

wrote in message
.. .
"Cessna 310" wrote in message

news
At this point, there's no reason for me to upgrade to Vista. Nothing in
XP is broken.

That seems to be the general consensus. Hell, I'm still on
Win2K and everything runs great (and no activation bs to put
up with).

Old May 3rd 07, 10:32 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
John Lewis

On Thu, 03 May 2007 04:55:02 -0400, "Mr.E Solved!"
wrote:

Cessna 310 wrote:

Will DX10 be available for XP?

IMHO I suspect it will have to be if Vista's sales do not improve. It is
technically possible, regardless of how complicated it is, and
regardless of how 'integrated' it might or might not be be with Vista.

I offer the continuing support of AGP as evidence of the longevity of
successful, but surpassed designs. Who suspected GeForce 7950GT's would
be available in AGP? Who would suspect DX10 would be made available for
WinXP? Not to mention nvidia is a strong supporter of DX10 to XP.

It would also be an admission of the utter failure that is Vista.

On the subject of AGP, I would not be the slightest bit surprised if
nVidia offered the 8600GT or GTS in an AGP format. Not difficult for
them - just mating their PCIe-AGP bridge chip with the GPU.

John Lewis

Old May 3rd 07, 11:15 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
DaveW[_2_]

Possibly eventually. But it would be a while...

--

DaveW

___________

Old May 4th 07, 03:00 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
sheep_01

On Wed, 02 May 2007 22:06:27 -0500, Cessna 310
wrote:

That just helps in planning for new video cards. If XP won't run DX10,
there's not need to get a DX10 card. There should be plenty of bargain
high performance DX9 cards around this summer.

They're saying that running different operating systems will be like
running different programs in the past. Of course that all goes to
hell when some asshole runs HIS operating system on your computer
without telling you. Billy Gates of all people is so worried about
that he's saying only the most expensive versions of Vista should
legally run virtualization software. I suppose he thinks that's
going to solve the problem of the "super duper root kits" he's
enabled in his new world order. VISTA what a pretty pretty name. I
love that PACIFICA bull**** too.

bite me.

Old May 4th 07, 05:28 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One[_2_]

That's an interesting accomplishment, if only for its academic value. You
still need DX10-capable nVidia XP drivers, of course.

.. .

Old May 4th 07, 05:52 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
John Lewis

On Thu, 3 May 2007 09:54:27 +0100, Conor
wrote:

In article , Cessna 310 says...

Will DX10 be available for XP?

Yes. Someone has already hacked the preview version

of what ??? Dx10... not likely...
URL please. Do not believe everything you read.

to work on XP.

John Lewis

--
Conor

until you hear them speak.........

Old May 4th 07, 07:10 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Benjamin Gawert

* John Lewis:

Yes. Someone has already hacked the preview version

of what ??? Dx10... not likely...
URL please. Do not believe everything you read.

There is someone working on a "DX10 for Windowsxp". However, what most
people here just don't realize is that this is just a wrapper that
transfers DX10 calls into DX9 calls. It's an emulation, nothing more,
and probably nothing someone will play future DX10 games on. And it
still doesn't change the fact that a "real" DX10 for Windowsxp simply
isn't possible without replacing most of XP's core components because
unlike what most people don't believe Vista is *very* different from XP
under the hood and thus just installing DX10 on XP is not possible at all.

Benjamin

DX10 AGP? boe Ati Videocards 19 February 27th 07 04:55 PM
New AGP DX10 cards boe Nvidia Videocards 10 February 25th 07 03:13 AM
New DX10 ATI Cards Reggie Hillier Ati Videocards 0 November 12th 06 04:27 PM
DX10 , G80s Blueshark Homebuilt PC's 8 October 25th 06 11:51 PM
Does ATI have Dx10 hardware yet? Gonzo Ati Videocards 8 May 12th 06 05:20 PM