GA-P35-DS3 WOL?

Old March 25th 09, 11:12 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Fritzables

Default GA-P35-DS3 WOL?

Hi to all,

I have a system that uses a GA-P35-DS3 that wish to enable the WOL features.

Taking a look in the BIOS is don't see a WOL option. I assume this board
does have the capability?

Regards
Fritzables.

Old March 25th 09, 02:58 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Paul

Fritzables wrote:
Hi to all,

I have a system that uses a GA-P35-DS3 that wish to enable the WOL features.

Taking a look in the BIOS is don't see a WOL option. I assume this board
does have the capability?

Regards
Fritzables.

PME Event Wake Up [Enabled]

That one allows a PCI or PCI Express device driving a Power Management
Event signal, to wake the computer.

Then, you go to the Device Manager, Network adapters, use the
Power Management tab, "Allow this device to bring the computer out
of standby" and tick that. In the same network adapter panel, go to
Advanced. Mine has a "Wake up Type", but this part is non-standard,
and the features offered will vary from NIC to NIC. I have the option
there for "Magic Packet", which would be the classic way of doing
the WOL. There maybe other options, such as a sort of "wake on activity",
where if you switch your router on, the computer wakes up.

HTH,
Paul

Old March 25th 09, 08:45 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Fritzables

Thanks Paul,

Yes, I do remember seeing this in the BIOS. Will sort out tonight.

Thanks.
Fritzables.