!!! Dungeon Siege 2 Full and Demo on a Pentium III 450 mhz and a Geforce FX 5200 !!!

Old August 18th 05, 04:14 AM
Skybuck Flying

Default !!! Dungeon Siege 2 Full and Demo on a Pentium III 450 mhz and a Geforce FX 5200 !!!

Hello peeps.

Yes it's me again Skybuck your game reporter.

I'll keep it short and brief. First of all dungeon siege 2 demo (1.5
gigabyte) runs perfectly on a Pentium III 450 mhz and a geforce fx 5200.

However that's not quite true, the only problem is with the video playback.
The sound stutters.

The rest of the gameplay is good with a slowdown here and there but nothing
too serious.

However I must mention I have a very optimized system, only 12 windows xp
processess and priority set to high and firewall down and internet
disconnect to save extra cpu juicy from having to process arp packets...

But even with the normal stuff on it would run well I think.

Anyway enough about system ****. I'll just keep it short:

Shame on you if you didn't play Dungeon Siege 1.

Dungeon Siege 2 is just as relaxed as Dungeon Siege 1.

However Dungeon Siege 2 is literally a little bit more dark and the story is
a little bit more interesting.

More quests and more different sub quests going on at the same time...

Gaining experience has changed a little... I think this is the biggest
difference and most fun part about dungeon siege.

Gaining experience gives "points" Which can be assigned to a sort of
"technology tree".

Yes you read it right... Dungeon Siege 2 now has a sort of technology tree
like civilization 3

I think it's quite cool and interesting.

However you can follow different paths a little bit and magic is in 4
categories like combat magic, natural magic, melee attack and range attack.

You also have these rond stones for different skill levels which gives you a
temporarely super power etc...

Pretty cool stuff... I had to use those mostly at the start.

Hmmm let's see. The animations/videos looked pretty cool... there were a few
parts were I was really amazed, there were also a few parts with could be
done better, but all in all nicely done

I was kinda suprised how much gameplay the demo contained.

It contains like 100 times more gameplay then the dungeon siege 1 demo.

I kinda had the feeling I was like playing the whole game.

Right now I have completed the demo (I was getting a bit tired of it after
two days but still interesting to see where it would take me ) and I am
downloading the full game :P* haha :P

Too all doubters, bitches, assholes and dickless people:

THIS GAME IS A MUST PLAY.

This game is truely a must play, these people have spent so much time at
creating beautifull, interesting, intrueing levels, weapons, characters,
story, enemies, houses, places, buildings, shrines, dungeons, etc...

YOU SIMPLY HAVE TO PLAY IT ! YOU OWE IT TO THEM =D

Trust me, you won't be disappointed if you play Dungeon Siege 2....
especially if you have never played a roll playing game. If you played
dungeon siege 1 you simply gonna love dungeon siege 2 as well.

The best is probably still to come.

So far the demo contained forest, forest, forest, jungle, forest, forest,
hill, mountains, forest, junle, forest, hills, mountain,bridges, and a sort
of dungeon the shrine etc.

I really really really hope that dungeon siege 2 will have more diverse
lands like dungeon siege 1 had...

Like desert, ice, swamps, caves, dungeons, castle, etc, etc, etc
otherwise I think I am gonna be a little bit mad at the developers unless
it has really other good stuff.

However the first dungeon siege 1 demo also only had 1 type of land so ds2
will probably have lot's of diversity in land stuff

However I did enjoy the ds2 demo =D

Anyway. The ds2 demo did not have any multiplayer. It did have a multiplayer
button, but it didn't work lol.

Oh well I guess it was just there too let you know it has multiplayer
support, but it would have been nice if it said: "multiplayer only in full
version" ok just a little nitty picking

The main menu is very cool. It has this hellish look with your character to
the side so you can admire yourself lol... ****ing great =D

Anyway. I really look forward to DS2 single player and multiplayer.

I really wonder if multiplayer has changed a little.

Time will till... expect a full report in a couple of days

I think a few things would be cool:

1. First I would like to have my single player character be transported to
the multiplayer stuff that would be cool.

2. It would also be cool if my single player characters could also be
transported to the multiplayer stuff so that I can move with a group through
the multiplayer stuff... and maybe even fight group against group just for
the fun of it... just once or so... since ds1 deathmatch was stupid/boring..
however sometimes it was funny to see people loose all there stuff and
pretty much run in the underwear lol, though that s nasty losing your stuff
!
be carefull.. fortunatelly ofcourse most servers dont allow losing your
stuff to others few

3. It would also be cool if dungeon siege 2 has a better protection
system... since in DS1 it was easy to cheat and upgrade your character with
a special tool... oh well... Also copieing rare items was possible.

4. The biggest and coolest thing would be a persistent universe where at
least your multiplayer character remains as strong as it is/was,... hmmm
wait a second... wasn't that in dungeon siege 1 was well...

Hmmm maybe I am bit a confused... or did ds1 have a single player and
multiplayer character per user/player ? hmmm cant remember.. oh well.

5. I just love trying to find secrets. I hope dungeon siege 2 contains lot's
of secret hard to reach areas and stuff like.

6. Also some riddles would be cool but also a bit frustrating because it
makes you feel dumb when you can't solve it lol... too much brain power
required lol though still it's cool to search on forums for the
solution... but then it's no longer a riddle ofcourse... too easy to find it
on forum oh well.

7. DS1 also had these cool things that could happen that was seen throughout
the whole world... when you placed all the stones the sky turned redish...
awesome. I hope DS2 has something like it at least... that would be cool.

8. And last but definetly not least I hope DS2 has many cool looking areas
and beautifull looking areas and ofcourse lot's of treasure, treasure and
treasure and even more treasure... many treasure rooms full of gold, silver
coins, amulets, swords, magic spells, books, staffs, axes, hammers,
crossbows, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc,.
Ohhhhh yeaaahhhhh. And ofcourse LOTS of DEMONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lot's and lot's and lot's of demons that must BE SLAUGHTERED before reaching
the TREASURY, woeeeeeeeeehoeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

9. I also have a little secret wish to find more pussy online lol.
hahahahaha. More beautifull chicks could be cool

Yeah so far dungeon siege 2 demo was pretty ****ing dark... I do hope it has
some beautifull bright levels

Desert, or water or beach. I loved the pyramids and stuff like that...
grrrreeeaaat stuff. and so ****ing relaxing to follow somebody through the
desired searching for the lost pyramids lovely... and ofcourse the demons
straight out of hell/doom... I luvvved it and still do I hope dungeon
siege 2 stays true to it's original in some ways however I am also open for
new stuff yessssssss.

And the best part of all is I and thousands of other people are about to
find out how good this game really is ==DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
wieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old September 3rd 05, 12:31 AM
Skybuck Flying

Ok Peeps,

I promised you a review of DS2 full and now I have to deliver hehehehe.

Well I shall keep it short since there is not much to write about in the
first place.

I have become extremely bored with DS2.

The "single player" demo was fun and interesting.

Then I had to replay the demo part in the full part which was still fun but
kinda a waste of time.

I am now stuck in ACT 2 because I am bored to death with it.

So the story and skill stuff of ACT 1 were interesting but Act 2 is more of
the same... just mindlessly slashing monsters etc... what s the point really
? So very boring.

The worst part is the multiplayer part which hasn't been described at all by
any review which kinda ****ess me off since multiplayer is very important
for me. But then again there is nothing to write about multiplayer expect
how boring it is. Here is the deal: Multiplayer is exactly the same as
single player. So it's the same story all over again. The only difference I
found so far in boringly replaying the first ACT 1 was finding some
different weapons and that's about it.

From all games I have played in my whole life Dungeon Siege 1 and 2 are the
only games which don't make a lot of sense to include a sequential story
line and then try to play it in multiplayer. It makes no sense at all the
way it is currently implemented. For example sometimes you want to know what
a quest is about... but only one player can talk to in game characters and
then the other players dont know what was said... so you simply miss this
part of the story, which could ofcourse be easily solved in many ways....
but the developers did not do so.

Anyway here is my final conclusion:

Dungeon Siege 1 had a boring single player experience, though the demo was
nice.
Dungeon Siege 1 had a great multiplayer part which was entertaining for a
week then I got bored since most was explored (I think )

Dungeon Siege 2 has a much more interesting story and multiple subquests.
The game mechanics are also better... It has all kind of "menu's" like books
which contain short description of all quests and sub quests of what you
need to do and why etc... also describe in steps... and you can easily see
which steps have been completed etc... It contains like almost a "dungeon
siege 2 enclypedia" which shows empty icons for things you haven't
discovered yet etc.

So in short Dungeon Siege 2 allows you to easily learn things about the game
at any point in time, it also allows you to see if you still havent found
certain secrets... or quests etc simply by showing an empty icon etc...
hehe. So it doesnt spoil it for you =D so the mystery and secrets remain
hidden and fun for you to explore and find them etc.

Well I sure miss the multiplayer experience of Dungeon Siege 1. I miss the
treasury... I miss the huge piles of gold lieing in treasury rooms. Maybe I
haven't found them yet... or maybe they dont exist. I am afraid the last
might be true. The game only contains chests which you need to open and then
some stuff pops out... it doesn't look "wow" enough =D I really really want
to see big treasury rooms which are hard to reach and you need al kinds of
secrets for to reach it etc... and where you must fight hard to defeat
enemies etc... and then when you finally reach it the gold should simply
light up your living room lol.

At least that was how Dungeon Siege 1 was in multiplayer

Dungeon Siege 1 was ofcourse also confusing because of missing quest
information etc.. but it was still a lot of fun to play together or seperate
with people etc and do things in parallel and go where ever you wanted to
go.

In Dungeon Siege 2 you have absolutely no choice but to follow the main
path... there are little subquests but those are mostly irrelevant etc... It
doesn't feel like total freedom etc.

So my vote is as follows:

Dungeon Siege 1 - way better for multiplayer.
Dungeon Siege 2 - a little bit more interesting for single player... but
still got bored 1/3 into the game

The graphics are about the same though DS2 as mentioned by others has a bit
more darker vibe etc... which I kinda liked in ACT1 since it gives a little
bit of a dungeon feeling lol... though you are walking through the forest so
that dungeon feeling is not quite approriate anyway...ACT2 still has this
dark vibe going on which totally "bored me out" etc... ACT1 was pretty dark.
Then came some bright desert which was refreshing... and then it went back
into the DARK **** again in ACT2 with a destroyed village at that point I
simply stopped playing.... - bored to death

Also the magic of DS2 was kinda starting to bore me out. I didn't get enough
new magic spells etc.

So my final verdict is a shame and painfull for the makers of DS2 but happy
for the makers DS1.

Dungeon Siege 1 is still the king baby =D

If I had to choose which game I would play again, I would definetly like to
play DS1 some time again

Oh yeah there is one more positive thing to mention about DS2. I did like
the crazy/cool/awesome movies/scenes in between with the weird/special
graphics etc... and all the cooling looking stuff etc... can't explain it...
etc... the brown stuff which looks like maps or a story book... that was
cool. The ingame scenes themselfes weren't that great so that's not what I
mean.... I mean the story book like telling etc.. that was absolutely cool
=D Buttttt it didn't run well on my slow ass PC as mentioned in my previous
post.

Oh yeah one more thing I did play this game on an AMD 2600+ XP so speed was
not the problem etc... DS2 was just boring as hell. I rather spent my time
playing other games etc... so did other guys I chatted with so I am not
the only one etc lol but do make up your mind for yourself lol.

I regret having to write a review about DS2 but a promise is a promise =D

This is the first game which I am going to give a bad rating

Let's see:

Graphics: 8 / 10
Music: 8 / 10
Gameplay/Interactivity: 7 / 10
Sound effects: 7 / 10
Fun duration: 5 / 10
Story: 5 / 10 (too lengthy, weird, hard to follow, though sometimes
interesting and intruiging so nice try)
Multiplayer: 1 / 10

Total sco 5.85

Well in my country that would rounded down be a 6 out of 10.
( 1 being worst and 10 being excellent, so it's just enough not to "flunk"
)

To bad really they had something nice going on with DS1

(Maybe they should have called the expansion pack (for ds1) DS2 I haven't
played the expansion pack though. )

Oh well =D

Bye,
Skybuck.