Can't install drivers, please help.

Old May 24th 13, 04:51 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Freedomtarian

Default Can't install drivers, please help.

Hi,

I tried to update my graphics driver, so I visited the nvidia website,
specified graphics hardware (GeForce 8200M G (Notebook)) and downloaded
the correct driver. When I tried to install, the installer told me that
the driver is not compatible with my version of windows (Vista Home
Premium 64-bit) and that no graphics hardware was detected. I went online
to search for a solution and various forums, including nvidia, said that
I need to uninstall the old driver first. Since that's what I have to do
on my Linux computers it didn't seem strange. So, I uninstalled the old
drivers and tried to install the new drivers but I keep getting the same
message. I now tried three drivers. Version 310.90 64-bit, 307.83 64-
bit and 307.83 32-bit. To make matters worse I'm unable to install
windows' generic driver. I receive a message stating that a driver was
found but a file is missing. I'm now stuck without a graphics driver.
What do I do? The computer is a HP Compaq Presario CQ60.

Thank you.
Old May 24th 13, 04:59 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Chris S.[_3_]

"Freedomtarian" wrote in message
[...]

You'll have to get your drivers he
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...roduct=4121162

HP has modified the Nvidia graphics.

Old May 24th 13, 05:37 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Freedomtarian

On Fri, 24 May 2013 11:59:27 -0400, Chris S. spoke thusly:

[...]

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?

os=2100&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=412116 2

HP has modified the Nvidia graphics.

Thank you. I will try it now.