battlefield and call of duty everything is blue and no textures.

Old August 30th 03, 04:52 AM
Skybuck Flying

Default battlefield and call of duty everything is blue and no textures.

Hi

I have a Pentium III 450 mhz and a TNT2 card with 32 mb ram.

I tried to play battlefield 1942... and I also tried to play the new RTCW:
Call Of Duty singleplayer demo.

When I play these games everything is blue... I only see the 3d models etc
and no textures...

What is causing this ?

First I thought it was because TNT2 cards dont have T&L (transform and
lightning).

I posted a message about it on www.gamershell.com and someone said... that
it was all blue because of bump mapping ???

So I dont know if it is possible to turn off bump mapping... and I dont know
if this is the cause at all..

Do you know what causes this blueness and missing textures ????

Any help would be great

Greetz,
Skybuck.

Old August 30th 03, 01:07 PM
Mangyrat

wow how drunk can i get heheh some nice typing.

FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
http://mail.giantcompany.com

"Mangyrat" wrote in message
probly due to you being barly able to runa either game.
the tnt 2 is totaly out of date it shuldent even run the games. and your

cpu
si barly able to runt them. you realy neee a upgrade to your sys.

FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
http://mail.giantcompany.com

Old August 30th 03, 03:06 PM
Skybuck Flying

Right you dronken *******.

If I would buy a new card like the ATI radeon 9000 or 9700 I would still be
f*cked.

It seems the demo does not run on ATI's radeon 9000 or 9700... that's what
other players have reported...

I dont know about you or others... but I find that scary !

See ya

Blurp.

Old August 30th 03, 03:48 PM
Eddie Grant

"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message
Right you dronken *******.

If I would buy a new card like the ATI radeon 9000 or 9700 I would still

be
f*cked.

It seems the demo does not run on ATI's radeon 9000 or 9700... that's what
other players have reported...

I dont know about you or others... but I find that scary !

See ya

Blurp.

You have at least two problems that need to be sorted before attempting to
play these games again:

1. Pentium III 450 mhz
2. TNT2 card with 32 mb ram

Old August 30th 03, 07:48 PM
Skybuck Flying

Neh...

No upgrades for me... just for a bit better graphics...

s.com...

Old August 31st 03, 12:16 AM
Mario Kadastik

Skybuck Flying wrote:
Neh...

No upgrades for me... just for a bit better graphics...

You ain't gonna get any without an upgrade. The TNT2 was a great card
.... when it was it's time. Now it's generations back and really
shouldn't even load up these games. That you get it running is awsome
already. I'd recommend at least upgrading your video to GF4MX440 or
something like that (budget cards, really cheap) as they will make the
games playable without too much of an upgrade. Although don't expect to
play with too many AI units as your CPU isn't gonna cope with it.

Mario

Old August 31st 03, 02:31 PM
Helion

Seeing how nobody yet answered your question here goes: Any nVidia card
before the Geforce series does not support hardware T&L (transform and
lighting) which is required by BF1942. That is why it is blue.

Old August 31st 03, 11:09 PM
Skybuck Flying

Well I finally played Call Of Duty at my mum's pc...

It was beautifull but not that great...

Doom III or Quake IV... not that's a reason to upgrade.. but not Call of
Duty

Old August 31st 03, 11:11 PM
Skybuck Flying

Seeing how nobody yet answered your question here goes: Any nVidia card
before the Geforce series does not support hardware T&L (transform and
lighting) which is required by BF1942. That is why it is blue.

I think so...

I just hope there is still some way to get it to work

Because Call Of Duty is based on the quake 3 engine... and that runs just
fine

I wonder if these game makers have ever heared of 'backwards' compatibility
lol... guess not

I can even play Doom III on this slow pc... heck... those graphics are even
better than this blueesnisch..

In doom III there are only missing lines... so I see black lines.... but in
Call Of Duty everything is blue lol.

Oh well..