Help ! How do I get smoothvision 2.1 on my 9700pro under WinXP?

Old September 9th 03, 10:29 PM
Atlan Smith

Default Help ! How do I get smoothvision 2.1 on my 9700pro under WinXP?

hello folks, Istill need help

i went from win98 to winXP (SP1) with my system (athlonXB1800@ 2138, epox
8ka3+, 2x256 MB ddr ram, sbliveplayer1024, 2x80 seagate baracudaIV, hercules
9700pro @380/360). under win98 the 9700 to 9800 hack in omega drivers worked
fine (d3d tab showed "smoothvision 2.1" instead of "smoothvision II" and i
got a 15.500 3dmark2001 and 5600 3dmark2003 score).

now, under XP, omega drivers (neither based on cat 3.6 nor cat 3.7) just
provide the old d3d tab ("smoothvision II"), so as if the 9700 to 9800 hack
did not work.

i have attemted to install the omega drivers in many ways (deinstalling
previous drivers before, of course), but always the same result.

can anyone tell me a way to get "smoothvision 2.1" under winXP ?

thanks in advance

Atlan Smith

Old September 9th 03, 10:59 PM
methylenedioxy

OMEGADRIVE here!
This are my "optimized" drivers for the ATI Radeon family
of video cards.

What's New?
(2.4.78)
* Based on the official Catalyst 3.7 ATI drivers. (9x/ME/2k/XP)
* Hope to have fixed all the "card not recognized" problems. (9x/ME/2k/XP)
* The 9500-9700 and 9700-9800 hacks are now two separate files, this will
fix
some incompatibility problems in 9500 cards not liking the 9800
optimizations. (2k/XP)
* The 9x/ME drivers still don't have the hacked driver incorporated, sorry.
(9x/ME)

Old September 9th 03, 11:22 PM
methylenedioxy

Actually scrap that, it's not showing up on mine either...(Hercules 9700 pro
too), maybe it's our cards? What clock speed and memory you running at by
the way? and is it with stock sinks and fan?

Can anyone with a non-hercules 9700 pro let us know if they have
smoothvision 2.1?

Old September 10th 03, 04:01 AM
Gary

Hi,
I have an ATI 9700 Pro all stock, no OC, Omega 2.4.78 and I have
"SMOOTHVISION II" too. But it did seem to fix some graphics problems, text
was turning to garbage when I'd scroll back up with ATI 3.7 but it went away
with Omega. I just wish it would remove the squares in Jane's F/18 like it
used to.
Thanks and Check Six!
Gary

Old September 10th 03, 04:04 AM
methylenedioxy

I removed those Omega drivers anyway, they stopped me overclocking system,
locked up in 3d mark 03, wasn't worth the bother anyway for an extra 10
points in stock speeds of system and gfx card (4889 with stock and catalyst
3.7 and 4899 with omegas at stock).....

Stick to ati's they work great for me.....plus they allow me to crank up to
400fsb on cpu and memory

Old September 10th 03, 08:23 AM
Atlan Smith

well, as i said, i had smoothvision 2.1 on my hercules 9700pro (running at
380/360 with standard heatsink) under win98, but only smoothvision II under
XP...

i want it back

greetings Atlan

ink.net...