ATI Radeon Problem.

Old November 26th 04, 05:25 PM
Freddie Clark

Default ATI Radeon Problem.

Several times My Sapphire Atlantis 9800 Pro has suddenly stopped working (no
activity at the time). Symptoms are a blank screen, when I reboot it is
sometimes OK but sometimes says a video problem was encountered.
today on reboot the blue crash screen came up constantly saying it was stuck
in an infinite loop. The problem was with the file ati2dvag.dll.
I entered safe mode then deleted the two devices in the system hardware
panel, on reboot the system found and loaded the drivers and everything is
working OK again.
I am running the latest catalyst drivers, should I maybe try the Omega
drivers??.
I dont remember this happening when I first installed the card. Could it be
hardware problem with the card??

regards
Freddie

Old November 27th 04, 04:46 PM
T Shadow

"Freddie Clark" wrote in message
[...]

Try alt.comp.periphs.videocard.ati.

Old November 28th 04, 09:47 AM
Freddie Clark

"T Shadow" wrote in message
[...]

I would but its not available on my ISP. Seems the problem is DirectX
related

regards
Freddie

Old November 28th 04, 03:22 PM
spodosaurus

Freddie Clark wrote:
"T Shadow" wrote in message

[...]

Send an email to support at your isp and ask them to add it.

Seems the problem is DirectX
related

regards
Freddie

neighbours from crime, and became the victim of it. To jump to the end
of the story, as a result of this I need a bone marrow transplant. Many
people around the world are waiting for a marrow transplant, too. Please
volunteer to be a marrow donor:
http://www.abmdr.org.au/
http://www.marrow.org/
Old November 28th 04, 04:56 PM
Freddie Clark

"spodosaurus" wrote in message
Freddie Clark wrote:
"T Shadow" wrote in message

[...]

Well looks like I have it fixed. Seems the heatsink had worked loose and
wasnt making proper contact. After tightening up the screws all is working
again.

cheers
Freddie

Unusual DVD-rom problem Sizif General 0 July 7th 04 03:25 PM
ABIT Ti4200 memory problem? scott Homebuilt PC's 1 December 12th 03 12:06 AM
System will not power on when AiW Radeon is attached to power connector... ZigZag Master Overclocking AMD Processors 8 November 18th 03 11:46 AM
Soltek SL-75FRN2-L BIOS flashing problem Ante Lazarusic General 4 October 23rd 03 02:22 PM
Need some help with diagnosing a system problem.... Brooks Moses Homebuilt PC's 9 September 22nd 03 10:05 PM