UPS good buys?

Old October 21st 03, 09:33 PM
JesseT

Default UPS good buys?

where is a good online store to get a good deal on a UPS around 800VA?

thanks for thoughts in advance

Old October 22nd 03, 05:24 AM
callsignviper

"JesseT" wrote in message
where is a good online store to get a good deal on a UPS around 800VA?

thanks for thoughts in advance

Probably none because the shipping charges will most likely kill any deal.

You can check www.newegg.com to see if they are offering any UPSs with
reduced shipping charges.

If you don't find anything useful there you can always check your Sunday
ads. Last week CompUSA had an APC 1500 VA UPS for $149.99 with a $50 MIR.
Final cost would be $99.99 plus the tax on $149.99 and the stamp for the
rebate submission. This particular rebate went to Miami, Florida so the
chances of getting it in a reasonable period of time were fairly good.

CompUSA has been advertising this particular UPS fairly frequently so this
same or better deal may come up again in the near future.

--
callsignviper

The truth is out there. You just have to look in the right places and ask
the right questions.

Old October 22nd 03, 06:12 PM
callsignviper

" wrote in message
On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 04:24:23 GMT, "callsignviper"
wrote:

You can check www.newegg.com to see if they are offering any UPSs with
reduced shipping charges.

If you don't find anything useful there you can always check your Sunday
ads. Last week CompUSA had an APC 1500 VA UPS for $149.99 with a $50 MIR.
Final cost would be $99.99 plus the tax on $149.99 and the stamp for the
rebate submission. This particular rebate went to Miami, Florida so the
chances of getting it in a reasonable period of time were fairly good.

CompUSA has been advertising this particular UPS fairly frequently so

this
same or better deal may come up again in the near future.

They Compusa actually had a FREE after rebate deal months ago. I like
a dufus picked up the wrong one and then later returned it and they
didnt have any of the free ones then of course. I did that with a
Radeon too - DUHHHH.

It was a really low end one but Ive never seen a free deal since then.

Office Max also had a few deals on UPSes the last few months.

Wait for the upcoming Halloween sale. They often save up for the
BIGGIEs on a holiday though thats not always true. They go through
these periods where they seem to back off the rebates for a while and
offer really mediocre sales for weeks and even months - almsot all
stores , in unison. Then start up again. They did that the last few
months and I was convinced they would start up again with some
Holidays coming up but they were also mediocre.

With Halloween, Thanksgiving and then Christmas - theres got to be
SOME killer deals coming up though.

The usual free after rebate deals on UPSs are usually for UPSs in the 325VA
to 500VA range. Last week CompUSA had a "free" 325VA APC with the purchase
of an APC surge protector. I passed because it involved 2 separate rebates.
IIRC one went to that (non)fulfillment company in New Rochelle, New York
(TCA). That was the main reason I passed.

I doubt this 1500VA APC UPS will ever be "free" after rebate. It would be
nice though and I would fight for that rebate if I had to.

I agree that the upcoming major selling season(s) should/may bring some
great deals on UPSs as well as other items. Maybe even a DVD writer for
around $50.......who knows as only time will tell.