Good deal on Wireless networking

Old October 2nd 03, 07:19 AM
kony

Default Good deal on Wireless networking

On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 04:12:30 GMT, John wrote:

I just rushed down there and bought it after getting an email from
COMPUSA. I didnt see it on the flier Sunday so just in case some in
the US want it and think its a good deal I thought Id mention it.

Reasonably good deals, except that the rebates often go to TCA rebate
center (New Rochelle, NY)... if any rebate center is likely to "loose"
your rebate, they'd be the one. Frankly I'm amazed they're still in
business (TCA, not Compusa).

Dave
Old October 2nd 03, 06:45 PM
kony

On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 06:36:55 GMT, John wrote:

Ive cautiously started doing rebates again. I was wiped out last month
- had about 6 rebates rejected. Just having one big one or a few
rejected makes tons of rebate deals you hassled though totally a waste
of time since the deals can be so pathetic if you dont get the rebate.

I got a 4.99 for a 256 PC133 memory deal I bought at Circuit City (ugh
- had a string of sleazy experiences there , hasnt stopped yet) I
bought for someone since it was so cheap . The deal was $70 !!!! You
get the rest back in a rebate. If I dont get this back its a gross
ripoff.

"loose" was a play on words... ususally they don't lose it, but their
attitude towards fulfilling the rebates is loose. Sometimes I've
heard nothing from them, other times the check was small, other times
they claim something was wrong, incorrect material submitted (which is
near impossible after I'd been very carefully documenting everything
I'd sent to them (in particular). In some "deals" forums it's been
well-known that TCA was unreliable and after MANY people called them
they had to know of their poor performance, yet nothing ever changed.

Other rebate centers aren't nearly such a gamble.

Dave

Wireless PCMCIA Mirko Fodor General 1 September 25th 03 09:35 AM
3COM Ethernet is "good" - huh? Crusty \(-: Old B@stard :-\) General 6 September 17th 03 01:02 AM
- Store ran out of ECS mb's, gave me ASRock instead... good or bad? The Cerebral Ass © General 6 September 11th 03 12:22 PM
Radeon 9600 128MB for CND$175 = good deal? Mitchua General 7 September 6th 03 07:19 PM
Wireless Keyboards and Mice? Thomas M General 6 August 6th 03 09:41 PM