Gigabyte DS3P S3 standby issue

Old July 8th 07, 11:58 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
alfhenrik

Default Gigabyte DS3P S3 standby issue

Hi,

When I put my computer in standby mode (S3) it powers down as it
should, but when I then wake it up again, the onboard NIC does not wake
up and I have to reboot my computer to get network connectivity again.

Any one else had this issue?

My system is as follows:
Gigabyte DS3P (Rev. 3.3, F5 BIOS)
Intel E6400 @ 8x400 3.2Ghz
2Gb Corsair 6400C4
4x250Gb Western Digitals (2 in RAID0 and 2 in RAID1)
2xPowercolor X1950Pro Extreme
Pioneer SATA DVD Burner

Thanks.

Old July 9th 07, 10:35 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Morgen

"alfhenrik" schreef in bericht

Hi,

When I put my computer in standby mode (S3) it powers down as it
should, but when I then wake it up again, the onboard NIC does not wake
up and I have to reboot my computer to get network connectivity again.

Any one else had this issue?

My system is as follows:
Gigabyte DS3P (Rev. 3.3, F5 BIOS)
Intel E6400 @ 8x400 3.2Ghz
2Gb Corsair 6400C4
4x250Gb Western Digitals (2 in RAID0 and 2 in RAID1)
2xPowercolor X1950Pro Extreme
Pioneer SATA DVD Burner

Thanks.

Hi,

Have new system, assembled by Alternate, with Gigabyte P35C-DS3R
Mainboard. Same story! I have to change S3 to S1 in bios. Then standby
mode workes normal. On S3, computer goes directly to sleep-mode.

Greetings, Morgen.

Old July 9th 07, 10:38 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Mellowed[_2_]

"alfhenrik" wrote in message

Hi,

When I put my computer in standby mode (S3) it powers down as it
should, but when I then wake it up again, the onboard NIC does not wake
up and I have to reboot my computer to get network connectivity again.

Any one else had this issue?

My system is as follows:
Gigabyte DS3P (Rev. 3.3, F5 BIOS)
Intel E6400 @ 8x400 3.2Ghz
2Gb Corsair 6400C4
4x250Gb Western Digitals (2 in RAID0 and 2 in RAID1)
2xPowercolor X1950Pro Extreme
Pioneer SATA DVD Burner

Thanks.

This kind of problem seems common and it appears not to be related to
Gigabyte. Seems common in Vista. Are you running Vista?

Old July 9th 07, 10:59 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Morgen

"Mellowed" schreef in bericht

"alfhenrik" wrote in message

Hi,

When I put my computer in standby mode (S3) it powers down as it
should, but when I then wake it up again, the onboard NIC does not wake
up and I have to reboot my computer to get network connectivity again.

Any one else had this issue?

My system is as follows:
Gigabyte DS3P (Rev. 3.3, F5 BIOS)
Intel E6400 @ 8x400 3.2Ghz
2Gb Corsair 6400C4
4x250Gb Western Digitals (2 in RAID0 and 2 in RAID1)
2xPowercolor X1950Pro Extreme
Pioneer SATA DVD Burner

Thanks.

This kind of problem seems common and it appears not to be related to
Gigabyte. Seems common in Vista. Are you running Vista?

Hi,

No, will wait another year with Vista. Still running XP-home, but had a look
in bios of my 5-1/2 year old computer also with XP-home, but with
Chaintech CT-6AJA4 mainboard and also there the bios setting in power-
management is on S1.
Did not yet try it on S3 (sorry).

Greetings, Morgen.

Old August 6th 07, 02:05 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
[email protected]

On Jul 8, 5:58 pm, alfhenrik
wrote:
Hi,

When I put my computer in standby mode (S3) it powers down as it
should, but when I then wake it up again, the onboard NIC does not wake
up and I have to reboot my computer to get network connectivity again.

Any one else had this issue?

My system is as follows:
Gigabyte DS3P (Rev. 3.3, F5 BIOS)
Intel E6400 @ 8x400 3.2Ghz
2Gb Corsair 6400C4
4x250Gb Western Digitals (2 in RAID0 and 2 in RAID1)
2xPowercolor X1950Pro Extreme
Pioneer SATA DVD Burner

Thanks.

Hi,

I have the same exact problem, it used to work but it stoped.
I even went back to F4, but the NIC is still not recognized when using
S3.

Ami

Old August 6th 07, 03:41 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Bob H[_2_]

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jul 8, 5:58 pm, alfhenrik
wrote:
Hi,

When I put my computer in standby mode (S3) it powers down as it
should, but when I then wake it up again, the onboard NIC does not wake
up and I have to reboot my computer to get network connectivity again.

Any one else had this issue?

My system is as follows:
Gigabyte DS3P (Rev. 3.3, F5 BIOS)
Intel E6400 @ 8x400 3.2Ghz
2Gb Corsair 6400C4
4x250Gb Western Digitals (2 in RAID0 and 2 in RAID1)
2xPowercolor X1950Pro Extreme
Pioneer SATA DVD Burner

Thanks.

Hi,

I have the same exact problem, it used to work but it stoped.
I even went back to F4, but the NIC is still not recognized when using
S3.

Ami

Use a PCI slot NIC, works for me.

Old August 8th 07, 07:14 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
SumGuy[_2_]

Have you tried the latest BIOS?

Mine has never had this problem.
Are you using ACPI or APM. You should use one or the other, not both.

I am using the onboard LAN as well as a PCI NIC.

"Bob H" wrote in message
. ..

wrote in message
oups.com...