About NVIDIA GeForce2 MX200

Old August 5th 07, 02:30 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mr.E Solved!

Default About NVIDIA GeForce2 MX200, Thanks to all

NoSpam wrote:

To all of you,

I thank you for your great and efficient help. It was a pleasure to
interact with this news group.

I have ordered a
GeForce 6200 256MB 64-bit DDR AGP 4X/8X adapter
from newegg. I had not heard of the company previously.
They have a good website.

Greetings

GR

We look forward to you next PC upgrade in the year 2014. Start saving now.

I understand your humor. But..... its not all that funny. I am an old
man and live on Soc.Security and a tiny pension.I hope to live to
2014 but I may not make it. Even if I do an upgrade then would
be too late.

Greetings

GR.

Well good for you, you old so and so! There are lots of smart folk in
this group, just avoid anything written by DaveW...he goes a lil bit
crazy sometimes. (I think it's the drinky drinky)

But, please tell us you did not get a TC or 'Turbo Cache' version of the
6200? I only mention this since that model of card, while wonderfully
mediocre and completely non-compelling in any way, is priced right and
can get the job done, in time. Just be aware that it can and will
allocate system memory to help with the video memory if needed and that
extra step can cause system headaches. Just be aware of that if anything
wonky happens after you install it, that could be a reason (the turbo
cache feature).

And from what I heard about you, NoSpam, is that you will be with us for
a very long time. Only the good die young.
Old August 8th 07, 01:37 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
NoSpam

Default About NVIDIA GeForce2 MX200

To all who helped with constructive comments!

New EVGA e-GeForce 6200 received, installed and running.
No Problems.

Thank you

GR.

"Larry Roberts" wrote in message
On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 19:45:24 +0200, Benjamin Gawert
wrote:

* NoSpam:

I need a graphics card for the ASUS A7N8X-X
motherboard. ( I do images, not gaming, not TV.)

I am thinking of the NVIDIA GeForce2 MX 200
or 400 card. These are listed as compatible for the
mentioned motherboard.

Holy ****, this card is around 7 years old! Are you really sure you want
to buy such a dinosaur, especially since driver support is very likely
to end soon?

Since the A7N8X-X is a nForce2-based mainboard with AGP 8x slot you can
just get any AGP card that you want and use it in your mainboard. For
your low demaning you should look for a Geforce FX5200 or similar. They
are sold very cheaply today and probably even cheaper than still getting
a GF2MX.

Benjamin

Driver support has ended for all cards older than the 6xxx
series. The last drivers to support them is 93.71.

Old August 8th 07, 02:38 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mr.E Solved!

NoSpam wrote:
To all who helped with constructive comments!

New EVGA e-GeForce 6200 received, installed and running.
No Problems.

Thank you

GR.

Hey there you old horse thief, was it worth it?