R580-based Ati X1900XT & X1900XTX launch on January 24, MAYBE.....

Old January 20th 06, 07:06 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default R580-based Ati X1900XT & X1900XTX launch on January 24, MAYBE.....

.... and the ATi- labeled versions will be immediately available...
....according to ATi..............

See:-

and

( also download the .PDF file referenced in this article.)

I'll bet that any purchasers of X1800XT cards will be furious if this
product does really ship on time. Having a very expensive video card
for only a couple of months and then rendered iinstantly obsolete by
the same manufacturer introducing a successor near the same
price-point does not engender warm and cozy feelings.

Hopefully ATi and their partners will offer full-credit to X1800XT
customers towards an exchange for a X1900-series card ---
and pigs may fly too.....

ATi's customer-relations with their high-end customers is at an
all-time low with the persistent missed committments over the past
9 months. The release of the X1900 series so soon after the
X1800 should add fuel to the fire.

Presumably the X1900XT GPU fits directly on a X1800XT raw-ECB,
otherwise there are also going to be some very angry "board partners".

See my .sig. Particularly relevant in this case.

John Lewis

- Technology early-birds are flying guinea-pigs.
Old January 20th 06, 09:29 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"John Lewis" wrote in message
[...]

Some have already appeared but straight in and out of stock:

http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.ph...7&postcount=87

http://www.digitallyunique.com/viewp...=10-16007872-2

Old January 21st 06, 12:08 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"John Lewis" wrote in message
[...]

Both ATI and nVidia have been very odd with these latest releases. The
7800GTX being nearly vaporware along with the X1800XT. Makes me wonder.

oh I agree with you on the early adopter thing... I normally wait a year.
Gives prices time to drop to a more reasonable level. But I *really*
wanted my X2 4800+ and I had to be SO careful not to drool all over it when
it came in I don't think I was so early as to be a flying guinea pig on
this one, just paid a high price for it. Just a few months wait I'd have
got it for $300 less. I won't be a FG-P for the 7800GTX either. even you
showed me how good it is LOL!
Even back in July I had plans to use the X2 with this AGP mobo for a while,
then get a PCI-e mobo and vid card. The mobos/chipsets are definitely
lasting longer than the vid cards these days. I normally go through 3 vid
cards per mobo it seems. Yeah, I know... I got it bad.
SO...when do we get a holo projector for the desk?
When do we get non-magnetic high volume storage with no moving parts?
McG.

Old January 21st 06, 05:42 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"John Lewis" wrote in message
[...]

You mean your current card will stop working, or at worst the graphics you
where drooling over will be slower and lose detail?

Of course not!

Your current card is not obsolete. It's a fact of life that when it comes to
PC's something better, and often cheaper, is always around the corner. You
just to have to accept that fact! No one has the fastest PC on the block for
long, unless your a multi-millionaire into one-upmanship.

Old January 22nd 06, 05:11 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"John Lewis" wrote in message

I'll bet that any purchasers of X1800XT cards will be furious if this
product does really ship on time. Having a very expensive video card
for only a couple of months and then rendered iinstantly obsolete by
the same manufacturer introducing a successor near the same
price-point does not engender warm and cozy feelings.

Obsolete? My 30-month-old Radeon 9800 Pro still runs all of the newest
games.

Hopefully ATi and their partners will offer full-credit to X1800XT
customers towards an exchange for a X1900-series card ---
and pigs may fly too.....

In the same manner as purchasers of the 7800GTX 512MB card wanting to go to
the 7900GTX, I'm sure.

Old January 22nd 06, 06:42 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 19:06:34 GMT, (John Lewis)
wrote:

I'll bet that any purchasers of X1800XT cards will be furious if this
product does really ship on time. Having a very expensive video card
for only a couple of months and then rendered iinstantly obsolete by

Instantly obsolete? Not a chance. What do you need to prove to
yourself? Honest to Goodness.

Sam