HL2 delayed again, ATI Q-pons Worthless? Link

Old January 21st 04, 07:58 PM
Derek Wildstar

Default HL2 delayed again, ATI Q-pons Worthless? Link

http://www.warp2search.net/modules.p...icle&sid=16033

L'InQ'ed as well:

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=13744

DW: Valve needs to be shut off.

Old January 21st 04, 08:09 PM
Dan

Just like their customer support and drivers.

Old January 21st 04, 08:11 PM
Martin

Derek Wildstar wrote:
http://www.warp2search.net/modules.p...icle&sid=16033

L'InQ'ed as well:

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=13744

DW: Valve needs to be shut off.

I'm just glad I didn't rush out and upgrade my video card for this...

What's with the stolen code delay? What a load of pants. Presumably the
hackers left a copy behind when they nabbed it? Why should that delay
anything?

There does seem to be a very, very close tie up between ATI and Valve, what
with the free coupons and all, so I suppose one silver lining in all these
delays is that ATI get more people to upgrade. I'm sure they take no
pleasure in this.

Being a simple country boy, I wouldn't want to question the integrity of ATI
& Valve in any way whatsoever, but other more cynical people just might.

Martin

Old January 21st 04, 08:46 PM
DaveL

"Derek Wildstar" wrote in message
http://www.warp2search.net/modules.p...icle&sid=16033

L'InQ'ed as well:

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=13744

DW: Valve needs to be shut off.

I hope Valve goes belly up, only after they blow the six mil they got from
ATI, of course.

What a laugher,
Dave

Old January 21st 04, 08:51 PM
DaveL

"Martin" wrote in message
I'm just glad I didn't rush out and upgrade my video card for this...

What's with the stolen code delay? What a load of pants. Presumably the
hackers left a copy behind when they nabbed it? Why should that delay
anything?

Who is to say there really is a HL2 game. I'll bet ATI is kicking
themselves about now for getting into bed with Valve. Remember, these guys
have been "working" on TF2 for five years now.

There does seem to be a very, very close tie up between ATI and Valve,

what
with the free coupons and all, so I suppose one silver lining in all these
delays is that ATI get more people to upgrade. I'm sure they take no
pleasure in this.

Being a simple country boy, I wouldn't want to question the integrity of

ATI
& Valve in any way whatsoever, but other more cynical people just might.

Yeah, that'd be me

Dave

Old January 21st 04, 09:18 PM
bigmike

If Doom 3 and Half Life 2 aren't coming out until late 2004, maybe its best
to wait to upgrade the vid card AND upgrade to an AMD FX-53 4000 or whatever
at the same time the games come out! Why spend $$$$ now to run LAST years
stuff faster?

Old January 21st 04, 11:49 PM
Dark Avenger

"Derek Wildstar" wrote in message news:VRAPb.116550$8H.274662@attbi_s03...
http://www.warp2search.net/modules.p...icle&sid=16033

L'InQ'ed as well:

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=13744

DW: Valve needs to be shut off.

Ati is getting close to vaporware this way....

Ofcourse Doom III stays the biggest vaporware king of all...hehe
Old January 22nd 04, 01:18 AM
NuT CrAcKeR

"Martin" wrote in message
Derek Wildstar wrote:
http://www.warp2search.net/modules.p...icle&sid=16033

L'InQ'ed as well:

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=13744

DW: Valve needs to be shut off.

I'm just glad I didn't rush out and upgrade my video card for this...

What's with the stolen code delay? What a load of pants. Presumably the
hackers left a copy behind when they nabbed it? Why should that delay
anything?

Uhhh, because of the exploitability ? If you know how things are coded, you
can work around them.. create cheats, and generally wreak havoc online,
crashing other players systems, and even devising ways (conceivably) to
commondeer someone elses computer.,

I would think that would be reason enough to want to change the codebase,
wouldnt you?

Old January 22nd 04, 01:41 AM
John Lewis

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 19:58:45 GMT, "Derek Wildstar"
wrote:

http://www.warp2search.net/modules.p...icle&sid=16033

L'InQ'ed as well:

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=13744

DW: Valve needs to be shut off.

If Ati continues to bundle HL2-freebie coupons with their cards,
either Ati or Valve or both will go broke when HL2 is finally released
( unless Ati does not sell any cards between now and the distant then
).
On second thoughts, maybe that would be a good thing......... :-) :-)

John Lewis
Old January 22nd 04, 02:48 AM
Dark Avenger

(Dark Avenger) wrote in message . com...
"Derek Wildstar" wrote in message news:VRAPb.116550$8H.274662@attbi_s03...
http://www.warp2search.net/modules.p...icle&sid=16033

L'InQ'ed as well:

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=13744

DW: Valve needs to be shut off.

Ati is getting close to vaporware this way....

Ofcourse Doom III stays the biggest vaporware king of all...hehe

Ofcourse I meant Valve, blah.. words...

Lets hope they do release Halflife II... or simple stop the project..
and not with Duke Nukem let people wait for 6-7 years. How many people
haven't pre-ordered that game....and 5-7 years later...still nothing.

Most of the shops selling them are gone or bought over anyway. The
Pre-order is thus nothing worth in most cases.