Wich fan?

Old November 11th 04, 07:41 AM
Ronny Olofsson

Default Wich fan?

I've just ordered a AMD Athlon XP2600+ Barton (917 MHZ, FSB:333) and a ASUS
A7N8X-X, NVIDIA NFORCE2 Chipset. And my question to you experts is what fan
should i choose... ? I have no intentions of overclocking it just yet so a
cheap but effective fan would be nice... If I can't find the exact fan what
should I look for in a fan...?

Old November 11th 04, 09:14 AM
Wes Newell

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 07:41:01 +0000, Ronny Olofsson wrote:

I've just ordered a AMD Athlon XP2600+ Barton (917 MHZ, FSB:333) and a ASUS
A7N8X-X, NVIDIA NFORCE2 Chipset. And my question to you experts is what fan
should i choose... ? I have no intentions of overclocking it just yet so a
cheap but effective fan would be nice... If I can't find the exact fan what
should I look for in a fan...?

$10 or less, the TR2-M1 or -M3.
$20 or less, Thermalrights ALX-800

The TR2 comes with a quiet (21dba) fan and the ALX-800 comes without a
fan. Either will work fine, with the ALX-800 a little better with the same
fan.

Old November 11th 04, 07:55 PM
Rusty

"Ronny Olofsson" wrote in message
I've just ordered a AMD Athlon XP2600+ Barton (917 MHZ, FSB:333) and a
ASUS A7N8X-X, NVIDIA NFORCE2 Chipset. And my question to you experts is
what fan should i choose... ? I have no intentions of overclocking it just
yet so a cheap but effective fan would be nice... If I can't find the
exact fan what should I look for in a fan...?

Vantec AeroFlow VA4-C7245 around 15.00
Dynatron Copper Model BH-610 around 10.00
Both are around 35 dba
SPEEZE Model 5F394B1L3G around 15.00 28 dba

I have the AeroFlow on a A7N8X for little over a year 2100+ pal @ 1.85v 1890
Mhz and no over heating problems.
I had the Dynatron on a MSI Delta for eight months 2000+ pal @ 1.85v 1826
Mhz and no over heating problems.
I have never used the Speeze but have heard some good thing about it.

Wich cooler should I use to overclock a 2.6Ghz into a 3.4Ghz?????? Arruda Overclocking 7 August 27th 04 09:08 AM
wich chip Overclocking AMD Processors 0 September 1st 03 11:24 PM
serial ATA vs ATA133...can't decide on wich...to much unanswered questions... KILOWATT General 2 July 12th 03 10:13 AM
wich chip Dave Overclocking AMD Processors 2 July 8th 03 11:59 PM