winlodr.scr part of windows XP?

Old September 27th 03, 08:10 PM
Flierbk

Default winlodr.scr part of windows XP?

I don't know if this file (winlodr.scr) is part of windows XP or if I have a
virus or some spy ware running on my machine, my anti-virus program
quarantined it because it could not remove it..... can anyone help?

Thanks,

Bill

Old September 28th 03, 02:35 PM
Rodders

"Flierbk" wrote in message
I don't know if this file (winlodr.scr) is part of windows XP or if I have

virus or some spy ware running on my machine, my anti-virus program
quarantined it because it could not remove it..... can anyone help?

Thanks,

Bill

http://www.karlsforums.com/forums/vi....php?tid=10549

This may be of help

Rodders

Old September 28th 03, 02:39 PM
Rodders

"Flierbk" wrote in message
I don't know if this file (winlodr.scr) is part of windows XP or if I have

virus or some spy ware running on my machine, my anti-virus program
quarantined it because it could not remove it..... can anyone help?

Thanks,

Bill

This guy managed to clear it himself. Do you have up to date AV. AVG is free
and should remove it

http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_index.php

Just sorted this myself - if its any help to anyone:
the winlodr.scr file is only one of several scr files that form part of the
spybot virus. Don't know about other AV progs but AVG have just issued an
update that has cleared it totally

Rodders

Old September 29th 03, 12:49 AM
~misfit~

"Rodders" wrote in message

"Flierbk" wrote in message
I don't know if this file (winlodr.scr) is part of windows XP or if I

have
virus or some spy ware running on my machine, my anti-virus program
quarantined it because it could not remove it..... can anyone help?

Thanks,

Bill

This guy managed to clear it himself. Do you have up to date AV. AVG is

free
and should remove it

http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_index.php

Just sorted this myself - if its any help to anyone:
the winlodr.scr file is only one of several scr files that form part of

the
spybot virus. Don't know about other AV progs but AVG have just issued an
update that has cleared it totally

AVG hasn't 'just issued an update'. The last available update was 9/23. You
should have had it days ago.

AV software is only as good as it's definitions. With so many virus' and
worms on the loose you'd have to be a little loco to not at least attempt an
update every day. (or at least every day you use your PC.)
--
~misfit~

---

Old September 29th 03, 02:33 PM
Rodders

"~misfit~" wrote in message

"Rodders" wrote in message

"Flierbk" wrote in message
[...]

Should have said that this was a snip from a post several days ago when the
update had just been released