M2N-E and Phenom 9500

Old April 3rd 08, 05:11 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
James

Default M2N-E and Phenom 9500

Just installed this X4 chip in my M2N-E. My BIOS is 1304 beta. Runs well
under Vista SP1 with TLB disabled (sam2008's tools). Significantly faster
than the old X2 4400+. However, something very weird has occurred. My audio
has gone flakey. Lots of static. Comes and goes. So I put the old X2 chip
back in, and the problem is gone. Could this be a bad 9500 CPU chip? It only
affects the audio. Otherwise everything else works fine with the 9500 CPU.

Also, I have a dual boot config. with Windows XP Pro SP2. Initially had BSOD
under XP caused by a file called AMDLLD.SYS. I renamed the file and no more
blue screen. My question is, what does this driver file do? I can't seem to
get much info on the web about it.

Anyone else?

-James

Old April 4th 08, 01:45 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Paul

James wrote:
Just installed this X4 chip in my M2N-E. My BIOS is 1304 beta. Runs well
under Vista SP1 with TLB disabled (sam2008's tools). Significantly
faster than the old X2 4400+. However, something very weird has
occurred. My audio has gone flakey. Lots of static. Comes and goes. So I
put the old X2 chip back in, and the problem is gone. Could this be a
bad 9500 CPU chip? It only affects the audio. Otherwise everything else
works fine with the 9500 CPU.

Also, I have a dual boot config. with Windows XP Pro SP2. Initially had
BSOD under XP caused by a file called AMDLLD.SYS. I renamed the file and
no more blue screen. My question is, what does this driver file do? I
can't seem to get much info on the web about it.

Anyone else?

-James

I see AMDLLD mentioned here. It is apparently a "Low Level Driver" from the
AMD Dual Core optimizer.

http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?p=4114589

So, the first question would be, whether the dual core optimizer is still
a legit solution for the quad core.

There is this thread, on setting up a multicore computer.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=60416

Paul
Old April 5th 08, 04:12 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
James

"Paul" wrote in message:
So, the first question would be, whether the dual core optimizer is still
a legit solution for the quad core.

There is this thread, on setting up a multicore computer.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=60416

Paul

Thanks for link. I tried the suggested muticore throttle mod
(PerfEnablePackageIdle) But my XP SP2 machine slowed down noticeably,
especially when booting....go figure. So I removed it. BTW, I do disable the
TLB fix every time I boot.

As for my audio problem, it comes and goes. Really strange. It will behave
just fine for an entire day, and then out of the blue, the static starts
again. It lasts for an hour or so, and then all is quiet again. This audio
issue started with the replacement of my X2 with the Phenom 9500. My guess
is that my M2N-E audio circuitry was probably marginal from the beginning,
and the Phenom pushes it over the edge...? But I'm not an expert here.
However the problem seldom occurs, and so I have decide to just live with
it.

James