Overclocking AMD XP 1600+

Old February 28th 06, 07:13 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking

Default Overclocking AMD XP 1600+

Hey, I'm overclocking this cpu. It comes factory at 1.4ghz, and I have
overclocked it to 1.58ghz and it is stable. I was just wondering if anyone
knows what the normal operating temperature of this CPU is if it has not
been overclocked.

When I have this cpu overclocked the temperature is usually in the range of
39 - 44 degress celsius, depending on if i'm playing a game or just idling.

Thanks People

Old February 28th 06, 10:03 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking

It's fine.It'll probably become unstable at around 55-60C depending on how
accurate the measurement is.
You could probably push it higher,maybe another 100 to 150mhz if you've got
a good motherboard and ram.