Cat 9.9 out.

Old September 13th 09, 10:01 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Carl

Default Cat 9.9 out.

http://www.amd.com/us/Pages/AMDHomePage.aspx
Old September 14th 09, 02:02 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Thanks.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

Old September 15th 09, 03:50 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
drybones[_2_]

"Carl" wrote in message
http://www.amd.com/us/Pages/AMDHomePage.aspx

For some reason unknown to this 80 year old I can not
get the 9.9 drivers or any thing above 8.650 dated
8/13/2009 to install.

Running 2 - 4870s in crossfire.
Win Vista X86

Opened control panel\device manager and uninstalled the
drivers witch then caused both video cards to be removed.
Nothing in the Win Temp folder that pertained to ATI.

Restated machine and Windows went looking for drivers
for the Video cards automatically while I was attempting to
run the 9.9 driver installation.

Of course Microsoft grabbed the 8.650 drivers and her I sit
with disgust on my face.

Will some kind knowledgeable person 'please' assist me
with this install of ATI drivers?

Many thanks,
drybones

Old September 15th 09, 08:00 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ken Maltby

"drybones" wrote in message

"Carl" wrote in message
http://www.amd.com/us/Pages/AMDHomePage.aspx

For some reason unknown to this 80 year old I can not
get the 9.9 drivers or any thing above 8.650 dated
8/13/2009 to install.

Running 2 - 4870s in crossfire.
Win Vista X86

Opened control panel\device manager and uninstalled the
drivers witch then caused both video cards to be removed.
Nothing in the Win Temp folder that pertained to ATI.

Restated machine and Windows went looking for drivers
for the Video cards automatically while I was attempting to
run the 9.9 driver installation.

Of course Microsoft grabbed the 8.650 drivers and her I sit
with disgust on my face.

Will some kind knowledgeable person 'please' assist me
with this install of ATI drivers?

Many thanks,
drybones

You could disable your network adapter, while doing
the install.

Old September 15th 09, 10:32 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
drybones[_2_]

"Ken Maltby" wrote in message

"drybones" wrote in message

"Carl" wrote in message
[...]

Okay, that makes sense.

One more question There is a ATI Folder in the Following places:
Vista (C)
Program Files (C)
Program Files (x86) ATI Technologies

Question is should 'all' these be deleted as well?

Thanks for the reply,
drybones

Old September 16th 09, 03:16 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ken Maltby

"drybones" wrote in message

"Ken Maltby" wrote in message

"drybones" wrote in message

"Carl" wrote in message
[...]

You might google "ati file remover"

then:

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthre...eadid=33606840

Luck;
Ken

Old September 17th 09, 03:10 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
drybones[_2_]

"Ken Maltby" wrote in message

"drybones" wrote in message

"Ken Maltby" wrote in message

"drybones" wrote in message

"Carl" wrote in message
[...]

Many thanks Ken for your continued support,

I spent the last 2 plus hours following the instructions as close as
possible,
then went to Safe Mode after deleting the two video cards from device
manager.

I then deleted all references I could find pertaining to ATI and empting the
Recycle Bin and then restarted in normal mode after disconnecting the
internet connection.

Vista found the video cards and re-installed them. I then installed or
ATTEMPTED to install the 9.9 X64 Vista ATI Catalyst and Drivers.
Seemed to install properly and I opened Device manager again and
checked the drivers for the 4890 1 meg cards.

8.650 drivers are shown once again.

I must suppose an admit to failure in this updating of my two video cards.

Thanks again for your assist.

drybones

Old September 17th 09, 05:19 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
GMAN[_12_]

In article , "drybones" wrote:

"Ken Maltby" wrote in message
m...

"drybones" wrote in message

"Ken Maltby" wrote in message

"drybones" wrote in message

"Carl" wrote in message
[...]

You are confusing the driver package number, which is version 8.65o wth the
catalyst version 9.9.

Go to the information center in CATALYST CONTROL CENTER and it should show
something like this

MY current installed Catalyst drivers are 9.6 so the below is what i
have..............

Driver Packaging Version 8.62-090520m1-081744C-ATI

Catalyst™ Version 09.6

Provider ATI Technologies Inc.

2D Driver Version 6.14.10.6962

2D Driver File Path
System/CurrentControlSet/Control/Video/{40919ECB-6EF3-41EB-BB5C-E23007F98DE7}/
0000

Direct3D Version 6.14.10.0671

OpenGL Version 6.14.10.8673

Catalyst™ Control Center Version 2009.0520.1631.27815

AIW/VIVO WDM Driver Version 6.14.10.6238

AIW/VIVO WDM SP Driver Version 6.14.10.6238
Old September 17th 09, 07:02 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ken Maltby

"GMAN" wrote in message

[...]

The way ATI names its driver packages has been a
pain, in my opinion. Not the least being the relationship
of the actual driver names and the "Catalyst package".

If you are using the "Catalyst Control Center" - like GMAN,
you want to look for the "Information Center" and the
"Graphics Software" tab. You can find it in both the "Basic"
and "Advanced" menu options.

The way it shows in "Device Manager" is plain misleading.

Luck;
Ken