Dell 1100 Inspiron Celeron Processor Dead

Old August 7th 04, 01:47 AM
wilcox

Default Dell 1100 Inspiron Celeron Processor Dead

Can any one tell me:
On a Inspiron 1100 with a 2.0 Celeron, is this the same processor as
the desktop or is there a mobile celeron.

If there is a mobile celeron 2.0 processor where can I buy one

What would be the highest processor I could put in my Inspiron 1100
that originally shipped with a 2.0 celeron.

I am pretty sure its a bad processor but I want to fix it myself. I
know the processor comes off the motherboard which is good and why did
I buy a dell....
Old August 9th 04, 10:50 PM
Silicon Alley Computers

(wilcox) wrote in message om...
Can any one tell me:
On a Inspiron 1100 with a 2.0 Celeron, is this the same processor as
the desktop or is there a mobile celeron.

If there is a mobile celeron 2.0 processor where can I buy one

What would be the highest processor I could put in my Inspiron 1100
that originally shipped with a 2.0 celeron.

I am pretty sure its a bad processor but I want to fix it myself. I
know the processor comes off the motherboard which is good and why did
I buy a dell....

Hi Wilcox,
The 2.0 GHz Celeron you have should be the same as the one in the
desktop models. There is no Celeron 2.0GHz mobile processor that we
know of. You should definitely check with Dell on this but your
motherboard should accept the Intel Pentium M 1.5GHz processor. It
should also be able to accept Pentium 4 processors as well. You can
definitely replace a processor yourself with the proper precautions
taken.

I know the processor comes off the motherboard which is good and why did
I buy a dell....

I don't want to speculate about this but you do get what you pay
for. Sometimes you don't even get that much.
If you are under warranty I suggest that you get ahold of Dell
and make sure that they won't fix it first before you do anything
else. If you don't get good support from the first person you call,
try again. If possible, you should call multiple times asking the same
questions of many tech support reps before settling on any answer.
Be sure that the problem is your processor first. If it is, we
can offer the Intel Pentium M 715 1.5 GHz ( 400 MHz ) - Micro FCPGA -
L2 2 MB processor (part number BXM80536GC1500F) for between $225 and
$250. If you want to order this processor from us, BE SURE that Dell
says it will work in your machine.

Hope this helps,
Silicon Alley Computers
www.siliconalleycomputers.com