Step by Step guide on Dual Boot

Old August 2nd 04, 07:52 PM
Steve Johnson

Default Step by Step guide on Dual Boot

Hi, can anyone point me to a FAQ or step by step guide to make a dual boot
system? If its important, the system currently has Win XP on it, but I am
wanting to set it up where I can install Linux as well. Thanks.

Old August 2nd 04, 08:02 PM
Snøøp¥

Try this?

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000...anagement/mlti
boot.asp

--

Snøøp¥ (Gid Auld Fife)

Cut ¬THE CR@P¬ To Reply

Checked by McAfee anti-virus system www.mcafee.com
Version: 7.03.6000 Scan Engine 4.3.20
Virus Database: 4382 - Release Date: 28/07/2004.

Old August 2nd 04, 08:46 PM
Chris Stolworthy

SNIP
Here your URL wrapped
http://tinyurl.com/7w4o
-Chris

Old August 3rd 04, 02:58 AM
CBFalconer

Steve Johnson wrote:

Hi, can anyone point me to a FAQ or step by step guide to make
a dual boot system? If its important, the system currently has
Win XP on it, but I am wanting to set it up where I can install
Linux as well. Thanks.

You are best off waiting until you install Linux. Most systems
come with a dual boot capability, but to make it work with Windoze
windoze has to be installed first.

You just need to be sure that your disk partitions are organized
so that the dual booter and/or Linux can boot via the bios.

in foreign policy matters with war on my mind." - Bush.
"Churchill and Bush can both be considered wartime leaders, just
as Secretariat and Mr Ed were both horses." - James Rhodes.

Old August 3rd 04, 04:20 AM
General Schvantzkoph

On Mon, 02 Aug 2004 18:52:06 +0000, Steve Johnson wrote:

Hi, can anyone point me to a FAQ or step by step guide to make a dual boot
system? If its important, the system currently has Win XP on it, but I am
wanting to set it up where I can install Linux as well. Thanks.

Mandrake 10 is easy to install and it will automatically configure your
system for dual booting. You will need to make some space on your disk for
Linux. Mandrake has the ability to resize an NTFS partition but you might
feel more comfortable using Partition Magic under XP. A lower risk
solution would be to add a second drive for Linux. Don't let Mandrake (or
any other Linux installer) do an automatic partition, pick the expert
mode and setup the partitions yourself. You'll see that the expert mode
has options for resizing existing partitions including NTFS partitions. It
will all be self explainatory.

dual boot ? with raid 0 config? David Ciemny General 6 July 21st 04 12:18 PM
Convert Windows XP Dual Boot to Monoboot Richard Alexander General 11 May 4th 04 11:53 PM
Win 2K Pro and Win XP Pro dual boot set-up procedure Bob Schmidt General 2 April 27th 04 02:13 AM
dual boot system DJS0302 General 5 January 5th 04 02:01 PM
Dual Boot, How? Paul \(Erie\) General 1 June 24th 03 04:36 PM