buying a gforce card question ???

Old July 16th 03, 05:45 PM
CHAD LaPOINTE

Default buying a gforce card question ???

i have a first run nvidia Personal Cinema xtasy - everything card
gforce2 mx 400 and onlt reason i bought it was for the tv turner, that
and the ati card i had before was a landmine waiting to go off.

i was looking to upgrade my video card and started to research the
gforce 4 ti and gforce fx. it seems to me that some of the stats are
misleading the
gforce4 ti 4600 is faster than the gforce4 ti 4800se
and both of these are faster than the gforceFX 5200 and very close to
the gforceFX 5600
brands: MSI, chaintech,Gainward, ASUS, etc
so if anyone out their has any good info on witch card would be the
best to get, at around 150-170 let me know
Old July 16th 03, 06:22 PM
Paul Hansford

I bought a Ti4800SE with VIVO capability(not TV tuner but has video out and
video in for capture) very happy with it from Winfast, comes with loads of
software and been reliable upto now, speed good

Paul

Old July 16th 03, 11:45 PM
Dave

Do you still need a card with a built in tv tuner? Msi has this FX card,
http://www.msi.com.tw/html/newsrelea..._0527_8918.htm
But it looks to be one the cheapie 64 bit cards. Bummer.
Dave