BIOS

Old July 12th 03, 11:24 PM
Gricalus

Default BIOS

I have one little problem: recently I bought motherboard with
corrupted bios (wrong bios was flashed, and original wasn't saved), so
I would be grateful if someone from the group who has pcchips m758lmr
rev 1.6a motherboard with bios that works would post it to binaries,
send me by mail, or just give me link from where he downloaded
it.Program for flashing AMI bios can be downloaded from
http://www.pcchips.com.tw/BIOS.html - aminf336.zip.Once
you unzip the program, just run it with aminf336 /soriginal.rom (that
will save bios in original.rom file), and then send me original.rom
file. I tried to download bios on pcchips' page, but link is broken
and nobody yet answered my mail (so much for the quick tech-support

If you don't know which motherboard you have, then when you reset your
computer and while bios checks ram look for M758LMR in the second
line of numbers on the bottom of the screen.If you see it then it's
probably that motherboard.Revision number can be seen
on lower left corner of mb (that corner down there by PCI slots) - if
it reads M758LMR REV1.6A then that's it...

I would be very grateful to anyone who sends me that, 'cause I'm
trying to find bios which would work with this mb for over a week now
without success...
I'll gladly pay drink, lunch, dinner or whatever you want to anybody
who helps or gives any information which would lead to catching above
mentioned bios
Old July 13th 03, 02:45 AM
MiniDisc_2k2

"Gricalus" wrote in message
[...]

www.badflash.com -- US
www.flashbios.org -- UK (and rest of europe)
http://www.badflash.com/recommend.htm -- A ton of sites solely for fixing
your problem.

Old July 13th 03, 03:06 AM
Pat Blank

Gricalus wrote in
:

I have one little problem: recently I bought motherboard with
corrupted bios (wrong bios was flashed, and original wasn't saved), so
I would be grateful if someone from the group who has pcchips m758lmr
rev 1.6a motherboard with bios that works would post it to binaries,

Try this page:
http://www.amptron.com/html/lbca.m758lmr.html

--
Pat - pat(underscore)blank(at)hotmail(dot)com
Old July 13th 03, 12:07 PM
Gricalus

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 02:06:58 GMT, Pat Blank wrote:

Gricalus wrote in
:

I have one little problem: recently I bought motherboard with
corrupted bios (wrong bios was flashed, and original wasn't saved), so
I would be grateful if someone from the group who has pcchips m758lmr
rev 1.6a motherboard with bios that works would post it to binaries,

Try this page:
http://www.amptron.com/html/lbca.m758lmr.html

It was one of the first things I tried, but they don't work...
I manage to flash bios with boot-block, it reads image from diskette,
everything goes successfully (4 beeps), and when I reset it there's
nothing... That's why I asked for someone who is using that bios
on that particular mb, so if that doesn't work then the chip is
probably damaged...

Intel 875PBZ BIOS freeze Adrian General 4 July 4th 03 04:13 AM
BIOS dead Frank General 1 July 4th 03 01:22 AM
BIOS Freezes Farinata General 1 June 25th 03 05:57 PM
Multiplier question, bios or hardware... ? Bougon General 1 June 24th 03 12:58 AM
bios hung while flashing mdp General 1 June 23rd 03 11:18 AM