AGP voltage on Asus K8N ?

Old October 31st 04, 05:13 AM
Ilya Slutsker

Default AGP voltage on Asus K8N ?

I put A64 3400(2.4 GHz) on the Asus K8N and also BFG Geforce 6800 GT.
During the gameplay it displays some vierd behavior: Game pauses for a
while ( 10 -20 seconds) then resumes from that point. During the pause
video is frozen and no sound and no response. This I experienced at
Far Cry , Painkiller and Unreal Tournament 2004. All those games I
played with previous CPU (Athlon XP 3000 on Asus A7N8X) with the same
Videocard and did not have any problems. I wanted to speed it it up
and now got a problem. I monitored temperature using Asus probe and
Nvidia system utility. I also ran Prime 95 for 3 hours - no errors,
temperature saturates at about 52 C. I found strange thing in the
Nvidia system utility: AGP speed is reported at 53 MHz , not a 66 as
it is set up in BIOS.
Now questions : 1. Did anybody experience the kind of problem I
have, and what may be a cause and fix?
2. Is it likely that the wrong AGP speed is the cause and how to fix?
3. Is there other way to check AGP speed ( I think may be this is
Nvidia system utility bug?).
4. my PSU is Antec True power 430. Is it enough for the components I
have?

I would truly appreciate any answer.

Ilya