Video card problem

Old April 4th 04, 09:43 PM
BalloonKnot

Default Video card problem

I've been pulling my hair out trying to get a Sapphire-ATI Radeon 7000 card
working under Windows XP and Win2k. I have a triple boot machine running
Win98SE, Win2kpro, and WinXPpro. It's an older Gateway with a Tabor2 MB, a
powerleap 1.4Ghz, 384Mb ram.

The card works perfectly under Win98, no problems at all. Under Win2k, and
Xp however.....that's another story. The card is horrible in 16 bit color
mode, the screen flickers and text gets all messed up. I can use the card in
32 bit color mode, but it slows the computer down a bit running in 32. I
have to install drivers manually or the automatic Catalyst installer just
crashes the computer upon re-boot.

I have removed all hardware except for MB, hard drive, memory and even put
the old P3-450 back in and did a new install...that didn't help either. I
was thinking I had a bad card, but it runs perfect in Win98.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated before I rip this card out

USB/Firewire combo card problem Bruin General 0 November 8th 03 01:28 AM
Video Card Help SteveC General 1 October 20th 03 07:08 AM
Where to get replacement video card fan? Or maybe just use a heatsink? Vanguard General 3 September 20th 03 07:24 PM
Video card memory too low BuDMaN General 4 September 12th 03 01:27 AM
Nforce 2 onboard video - hows it compare to a Geforce 2 GTS card? kony General 1 August 31st 03 07:30 PM