USB 2.0 pci card into Dimension 4100 124 pin pci slot

Old December 27th 08, 09:34 PM posted to comp.hardware
MLJ

Default USB 2.0 pci card into Dimension 4100 124 pin pci slot

Will a new USB 2.0 pci card fit into my 8 year old computers 124 pin pci
card slots? Do I have to look for a new pci card that says it is a 124 pin
card?

Old December 29th 08, 04:28 AM posted to comp.hardware
Mike Walsh[_2_]

No problem. The Dimension 4100 has a PCI 2.2 bus.

--
Mike Walsh
Old December 31st 08, 10:26 PM posted to comp.hardware
MLJ

Thanks for that info. The last card I put in was a 56k modem card 7 years
ago. These new cards look so much smaller than that one. But I guess the
card doesn't have to take up the whole slot.

Old January 1st 09, 03:09 PM posted to comp.hardware
Mike Walsh[_2_]

That is correct. The electronics has gotten so small that most cards would be miniscule if they did not have connectors on them and have to physically fit the card slot.

MLJ wrote:

Will a new USB 2.0 pci card fit into my 8 year old computers 124 pin pci
card slots? Do I have to look for a new pci card that says it is a 124
pin
card?

--
Mike Walsh

New CPU fan for a Dimension 4100 richards Dell Computers 3 November 30th 06 12:24 AM
Dell Dimension 4100 - trying to upgrade video card Albert Dell Computers 3 August 20th 05 03:30 AM
Dimension 4100 CKL Dell Computers 3 April 2nd 05 03:02 AM
USB2 card for older Dimension 4100 hunter Dell Computers 5 April 26th 04 12:40 AM
Dimension 4100 Patty Dell Computers 5 April 21st 04 10:10 AM