Blu-Ray burners and disk capacity

Old December 25th 08, 12:49 PM posted to comp.hardware,microsoft.public.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,misc.consumers
Neil Jones[_2_]

Default Blu-Ray burners and disk capacity

I have been reading a little bit about Blu-Ray disks.

Are there any Blu-Ray disk burners available now on the market?

What is the maximum capacity that a Blu-Ray disk currently on the market
can store?

I am taking a lot of pictures (and hopefully soon some Video content as
well). I would like to burn them to disk, so I am exploring the Blu-Ray
disk options.

Thank you in advance for any information and advice.

NJ
Old December 25th 08, 01:28 PM posted to comp.hardware,microsoft.public.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,misc.consumers
Paul

Neil Jones wrote:
I have been reading a little bit about Blu-Ray disks.

Are there any Blu-Ray disk burners available now on the market?

What is the maximum capacity that a Blu-Ray disk currently on the market
can store?

I am taking a lot of pictures (and hopefully soon some Video content as
well). I would like to burn them to disk, so I am exploring the Blu-Ray
disk options.

Thank you in advance for any information and advice.

NJ

You could start with a Wikipedia article. Then
try examining a few Newegg entries.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...TabStoreType=0

You can find review of drives on sites like cdfreaks and
cdrinfo.

"25GB single layer, 50GB dual layer".
http://www.cdfreaks.com/reviews/LG-G...rformance.html

One thing you have to ask yourself, is how reliable the
technology is. Would burning only one copy be enough ?
Would leaving a second copy on a hard drive, be
enough insurance ? That is a lot of data on one piece
of media.

Paul

hard disk capacity gonu General 7 January 20th 07 12:25 PM
hard disk capacity gonu Homebuilt PC's 2 January 19th 07 11:37 PM
fdisk not recognising full disk capacity Emlyn General 7 April 8th 05 06:32 PM
disk capacity limit adjin General 4 September 25th 04 08:50 PM
Lost disk capacity due to RAID Hank Storage (alternative) 0 June 27th 04 06:48 PM