GA-7VRXP + AMD 2000+ = 1250MHz ???

Old August 1st 04, 02:57 AM
zork

Default GA-7VRXP + AMD 2000+ = 1250MHz ???

Hi I have a GA-7VRXP and an AMD 2000+ cpu. I am getting 1250MHz on my
poweron screen. I thought the AMD 2000+ would give me atleast 1.67 GHz. I
went into bios and loaded up all defualt settings. I have set the jumpers on
the mainboard as default jumper settings. With everything in default mode, i
was hoping i would get 1.67 GHz. What have i done wrong?

Many thanks!
zork

Old August 1st 04, 05:50 AM
zork

great thanks that works!

Why wouldnt the board properly recognise the CPU? I did try setting the sw1
to off and the multiplier to 12x and this also didnt work (only worked at
x12.5) . I thought if the pc works at 12.5x it should also work at anything
below that - but not so? any cause for this?

Cheers, thanks again!
zork