Nikon Coolscan II

Old May 29th 05, 04:11 PM

Default Nikon Coolscan II

I have a Nikon Coolscan II ( internal slide scanner ).
I am trying to set it up with a Adaptec AVA2904 SCSI card and Windows XP
Home.
I am having lots of problems. How do I do it ????

Old May 29th 05, 09:21 PM
Cari

wrote in message
I have a Nikon Coolscan II ( internal slide scanner ).
I am trying to set it up with a Adaptec AVA2904 SCSI card and Windows XP
Home.
I am having lots of problems. How do I do it ????

First thing to search for would be the correct XP SCSI drivers for the card.
Only when the card is detected correctly will the scanner be detected.
--
Cari
(MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

Old May 29th 05, 09:22 PM
CSM1

wrote in message
I have a Nikon Coolscan II ( internal slide scanner ).
I am trying to set it up with a Adaptec AVA2904 SCSI card and Windows XP
Home.
I am having lots of problems. How do I do it ????

What problems? Details.

Install the card in a PCI slot in the computer. (With the computer unplugged
from power! )

The driver for the AVA-2906 is imbedded within the Windows XP Operating
System and Windows XP, should automatically detect the AVA-2906 after it has
been installed in the computer and Windows XP should properly install driver
for the Adaptec SCSI card.

The SCSI Card description in Device Manager for the controller will be
displayed as an AIC-7850, which is the chipset that is used on of the
controller.

Windows XP requires ASPI from Adaptec to be installed for SCSI scanners.

Aspi package:
http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/sup...s+ASPI+Package

Nikon support Coolscan II LS 20:
http://www.nikonusa.com/template.php...odu ctNr=9191

Software downloads.
Click:
Current Versions of Nikon Software

Scroll down to near the bottom of page to:
NIKON SCAN
For control of SCSI Nikon film Scanners

Download the version for windows. (This is the TWAIN driver). You will need
some TWAIN capable Photo Editor such as Irfanview (free) or Photoshop
Elements 2.0.

The TWAIN driver is found on the File menu. Most editors have a Select TWAIN
source, then a Acquire menu item.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com