WinDVD Problem

Old October 14th 03, 08:52 PM
Paladin

Default WinDVD Problem

I installed WinDVD 5 Platinum on my P4 3.0/XP system. It plays movies okay,
but for some reason the options to "Use Hardware Decode Acceleration" and
"Use Hardware Color Acceleration" are not available (unchecked and greyed
out) under Video Hardware Configuration. Anyone understand this? I am
running a GeForce FX 5900 Ultra with nVidia 45.23 drivers.

Thanks.
--
Paladin

Remove "NOSPAM" to reply:

Old October 14th 03, 10:11 PM
Wanderer

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 20:52:33 +0100, "Paladin"
wrote:

I installed WinDVD 5 Platinum on my P4 3.0/XP system. It plays movies okay,
but for some reason the options to "Use Hardware Decode Acceleration" and
"Use Hardware Color Acceleration" are not available (unchecked and greyed
out) under Video Hardware Configuration. Anyone understand this? I am
running a GeForce FX 5900 Ultra with nVidia 45.23 drivers.

Thanks.

There was a bug in one of the WinDVD builds that did that. I remember
5.1.05.011 doing that and it was fixed in the latest 5.1.05.015 build
currently available. Just redownload WinDVD from InterVideo's site
and it should clear up that problem of having those boxes greyed out.

Old October 14th 03, 11:01 PM
Paladin

I have version 5.1 B05.015, which appears to be the latest version. I wonder
if there is a compatibility problem with the latest GeForce cards. I'll post
if I fnd out...

Thanks for the reply.

Old October 15th 03, 04:18 AM
Wanderer

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 23:01:01 +0100, "Paladin"
wrote:

I have version 5.1 B05.015, which appears to be the latest version. I wonder
if there is a compatibility problem with the latest GeForce cards. I'll post
if I fnd out...

Thanks for the reply.

That's odd then. Maybe it's a problem with the video driver version
you're running. Who knows. It's just odd as only the .011 exhibited
this documented problem (all prior WinDVD5 builds didn't have this
problem) and I did personally experience it myself on both my systems
(GF4Ti4400 on one, GFFX5200 on the other) and the problem disappeared
with the .015 build.

Help needed with unidentified problem ^MisterJingo^ General 3 November 23rd 04 05:45 AM
ATI Radeon 8500 problem (or the ViewSonice A90f+ monitor problem)?? T.T. Ati Videocards 0 October 9th 04 07:19 PM
Mouse Problem Jeff Homebuilt PC's 0 October 1st 04 06:44 AM
not the same old B&W problem (I don't think) Brian Lee Ati Videocards 0 July 9th 04 01:15 AM
Really WEIRD problem! TMack Ati Videocards 4 April 12th 04 04:30 AM