voodoo5 to fx5200

Old September 7th 03, 11:52 PM
god

Default voodoo5 to fx5200

-- i know everybody sez the 5200 sux it, but is it better then the v5?

There is a solution!"

http://www.giantcompany.com

Old September 8th 03, 12:56 AM
Biz

Not for glide games it isnt.
Perhaps look at a place like Tom's hardware site for benchmarks...
Truthfully if all u can afford to buy is a 5200, maybe you should save your
money for something better.

Old September 8th 03, 11:59 PM
Bill Anderson

Yes, it probably is better than the Voodoo 5500. Plus it will play all
current games out there, which I don't think the Voodoo 5500 will.

Personally though, I would buy a Radeon 8500 or a GeForce4 Ti4200 over the
FX5200. The FX5200 is actually slower than a Ti4200 but it does have DX9
support. Only thing is DX9 games will play like a slideshow on the FX5200 so
other than calling it DX9 compatable, it isn't DX9 useable.

You can sell Voodoo 5500's for $60-$70 on eBay. I am considering selling one
I have laying around and buying a Ti4200 for my second PC. I currently have
a Radeon 8500 in my main PC and love it

GL.