What happend ?

Old September 8th 03, 12:55 PM
spamtrap@localhost

On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 23:55:03 +1200, "k y l e" wrote:

I would have expected someone knowledgeable enough to purchase a GeForce3
ti500 would also be clued-up on Nvidia's FX product line and how the 5200s
are crap. Hmmm...

It always amuses me when people only think to check Usenet after they
buy something.
Help make Usenet a better place:
Don't top post. Trim your messages to include only relevent text.
Old September 8th 03, 01:25 PM
Anybody

Nah, I knew what I was buying and am happy with it. I do my homework before
I buy lol
"Stan Linder" wrote in message
U, I and anyone else who brought a FX5200 have been decived.

We thought brand new model, must be better then the old model version.

Just
goes to show when u assume, u make an ass out of u and me.
"Romano Cule" wrote in message
I have XP Barton 2800+
MSI KT3V
512 DDR 2700
Gainward GF 3 Ti 500
and 3d mark score is 9850

and i recently replecad with Gainward FX 5200 ultra and my score went

down
to 6700????
Whata f*** is going on here ??!Fx 5200 is not 64 bit version,it is 128?

Old September 9th 03, 03:09 AM
k y l e

The problem is not whether you're a hardcore gamer or not. You may not be
much of a gamer at all. Then one day, you might decide to splash out on a
game, or your grandkid or nephews might want to play something. You install
the game, suddenly the game is all stuttery, like a slideshow, hardly like
the kid with the Playstation2 across the road. You look at the requirements
on the box and your pc 'appears' to meet all the requirements, but
performance is still bad. It all comes down to the video card. If the card
isn't fit for its purpose, then it shouldn't be on the market at all. Video
cards should be able to play any game with an acceptable framerate as a bare
minimum requirement. The 5200 is a crap card because a video card these days
is more than just a "display adapter", with the pc becoming more than just a
word processor, but a one-stop focal point for all one's entertainment
needs. Whatever happened the the manufacturer exceeeding the customers'
expectations, rather than just selling them short?

"DaveL" wrote in message
The 5200 is not crap. It's an entry level card. Meant to replace the GF4
MX series. When you understand it's purpose it all makes sense. If you

are
a hardcore gamer then don't buy a 5200 or a Radeon 9000. It's that

simple.
Sheesh.

Dave

"k y l e" wrote in message
I would have expected someone knowledgeable enough to purchase a

GeForce3
ti500 would also be clued-up on Nvidia's FX product line and how the

5200s
are crap. Hmmm...

"DaveL" wrote in message
What did you expect? When the GF3 ti500 came out it cost $300. The

FX5200
costs $70.

Dave

Old September 9th 03, 08:29 AM
Anybody

The damn card plays every game I have wanted to play so far, and some of the
game are pretty graphic intensive. But by your reasoning you say buy TOP OF
THE LINE big money cards just in case the kids or grandkids may want to play
Doom 6??

Old September 9th 03, 12:55 PM
Nada

"Blue's Clues" wrote:
In agreement with what everyone also said, here is an example...

My GF2 GTS would score around 4700 on 3D Mark2001SE, my GF4 Ti scores over
12000.

My buddy's FX5200 scores 4900.

GTS was an excellent card of its time. And I really liked my Titanium
200 which could keep up with most DX8 games last year. But somehow I
haven't got any motivation to replace my Titanium 4200 with 64Mbs of
ram with GeForce FX 5600 Ultra that would have almost as much memory
as my whole system. I've noticed slowdowns at 1024 x 768 with all
effects on 11 in the recent shooter games without AA or anisotropic
filtering, but I don't think it's worth to upgrade. The gap is
non-existent. The basic Radeon 9800 gives me more of a woody. That
might be worth it. FX 5600 Ultra - I don't think so.