fx5200 + Abit KT7a = non-booting PC

Old September 7th 03, 07:48 PM
Richard Hockey

Default fx5200 + Abit KT7a = non-booting PC

Is anyone here running a FX 5200 on an ABit KT7a motherboard (133fsb /
Athlon 1.3GHz)?

I've just brought FX 5200 card, after installing it my PC won't boot.
Specifically, The HD is accessed, the light drive light goes on and stays
on, but I got no repsonse on the monitor, not even a graphics card BIOS
message.

The cadr is one of the models with 128 Mbytes RAM, monitor out/TV out/DVI
out, AGP x8

Is this a bad motherboard/graphics card combination, or is my FX 5200
damaged?

Old September 7th 03, 09:02 PM
Stan Linder

I have a K7s5a m/b and a Pixelview FX5200. I had a bootup problem too. I
could only bootup to the WinXp logo screen.

Turns out it was my soundcard and the FX5200. Take out my Muse 5.1 DVD
soundcard and I could bootup. Put the soundcard back in and not bootup, only
can get to safemode.
.. .

Old September 7th 03, 11:49 PM
Larry Roberts

The only way to know is by making sure the mainboard is still
working, by trying another graphics card in it. You also need to try
the FX5200 in another PC. If both still work, then it's problably an
incompatabiliry.
That suks! Reminds when I finally got the funds for a Voodoo
3 3500, and found my MSI 6153VA was incompatable with it. Never got to
see the Voodoo 3 3500 in action. The only thing I could afford to get
was a TnT2 M64. I sold the Voodoo 3, and bought the TnT2 M64 without
knowing about the crippled memory bus, and was totally crushed.

Old September 8th 03, 10:44 PM
Johannes Tümler

What Bios Version do you have?
The latest is A9, which had a fix for the Ti4200 ... probably it's the
same problem with your FX5200 ....