Who Wants ADSL (BROADBAND)

Old April 23rd 05, 10:33 AM
Janet venus

Default Who Wants ADSL (BROADBAND)

This I think will work for most people.

1. Change your Telephone Company Back To Telstra
2. Check will Telstra how much demand their is in you area. That you can do
on the bigpond website by typing in the search up the top ADSL DEMAND.
3. Check if you then can get it. That's on the bigpond website.
4. If you can get it then apply for it.
5. (OPTIONAL) If you don't want bigpond as your internet provider just
change your ISP.

Internet service providers
The bigpond website is www.bigpond.com
The IINET website is www.iinet.net.au
The Optus website is www.optus.com.au
The iprimus website is www.iprimus.com.au
The aapt website is www.aapt.com.au

From an anomous friend

Old April 23rd 05, 07:22 PM
Wes Newell

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 09:33:32 +0000, Janet venus wrote:

Who Wants ADSL

Not me. I just got rid of it and switched to fios (fiber) for about $3
more a month. Now i get 5M/2M. With DSL I got 768K/128K.

Old April 23rd 05, 11:15 PM
Steven

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 18:22:00 GMT, Wes Newell
wrote:

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 09:33:32 +0000, Janet venus wrote:

Who Wants ADSL

Not me. I just got rid of it and switched to fios (fiber) for about $3
more a month. Now i get 5M/2M. With DSL I got 768K/128K.

I did the same. I got fios, but sadly I cannot find much to download
at those rates. I am not a gamer so I don't see much there. I tried
seeing what I could stream, but there is a comple lack of content
available. Any idea what to use the bandwidth for?

--Steve
Old April 24th 05, 12:57 AM
Yadayada

wrote:

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 09:33:32 +0000, Janet venus wrote:

Who Wants ADSL

Not me. I just got rid of it and switched to fios (fiber) for about $3
more a month. Now i get 5M/2M. With DSL I got 768K/128K.

I did the same. I got fios, but sadly I cannot find much to download
at those rates. I am not a gamer so I don't see much there. I tried
seeing what I could stream, but there is a comple lack of content
available. Any idea what to use the bandwidth for?

Binary newsgroups if your news provider doesn't cap you.

Old April 24th 05, 10:32 AM
Wes Newell

wrote:

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 09:33:32 +0000, Janet venus wrote:

Who Wants ADSL

Not me. I just got rid of it and switched to fios (fiber) for about $3
more a month. Now i get 5M/2M. With DSL I got 768K/128K.

I did the same. I got fios, but sadly I cannot find much to download
at those rates. I am not a gamer so I don't see much there. I tried
seeing what I could stream, but there is a comple lack of content
available. Any idea what to use the bandwidth for?

Well, I don't dl songs or movies or games or much of any entertainment
stuff but I do dl linux distros a couple of times a year. It used to take
6+ hours with DSL. it now takes a little less than 1 hour. And my ftp
server is now capable of 2M output compared to 128K with DSL. Just
recently uploaded a 231M file to another server. Something I wouldn't
have even tried with DSL at 128K.

Old April 24th 05, 12:29 PM
GuitarMan

"Wes Newell" wrote in message
newsan.2005.04.23.18.22.30.886574@TAKEOUTverizon .net...
On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 09:33:32 +0000, Janet venus wrote:

Who Wants ADSL

Not me. I just got rid of it and switched to fios (fiber) for about $3
more a month. Now i get 5M/2M. With DSL I got 768K/128K.

Is there a listing somewhere on availability of FIOS?
or when it will be available in areas?
Thanks...

Old April 24th 05, 01:32 PM
Steven

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 11:29:45 GMT, "GuitarMan"
wrote:

"Wes Newell" wrote in message
newsan.2005.04.23.18.22.30.886574@TAKEOUTverizo n.net...
On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 09:33:32 +0000, Janet venus wrote:

Who Wants ADSL

Not me. I just got rid of it and switched to fios (fiber) for about $3
more a month. Now i get 5M/2M. With DSL I got 768K/128K.

Is there a listing somewhere on availability of FIOS?
or when it will be available in areas?
Thanks...

Not sure if this will be of help to you or not.
http://www22.verizon.com/FiosForHome...ot/package.asp

If you do not have the option of Verizon in your area you could try
your own phone company, but I am not sure if any other carriers are
doing it.
--Steve
Old April 24th 05, 01:39 PM
Steven

wrote:

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 09:33:32 +0000, Janet venus wrote:

Not me. I just got rid of it and switched to fios (fiber) for about $3
more a month. Now i get 5M/2M. With DSL I got 768K/128K.

I did the same. I got fios, but sadly I cannot find much to download
at those rates. I am not a gamer so I don't see much there. I tried
seeing what I could stream, but there is a comple lack of content
available. Any idea what to use the bandwidth for?

Well, I don't dl songs or movies or games or much of any entertainment
stuff but I do dl linux distros a couple of times a year. It used to take
6+ hours with DSL. it now takes a little less than 1 hour. And my ftp
server is now capable of 2M output compared to 128K with DSL. Just
recently uploaded a 231M file to another server. Something I wouldn't
have even tried with DSL at 128K.

I too am a Linux user and downloader. I agree that it will save me
some time to download the files, but I only do that once or twice a
year. I need to find some use for the bandwidth the rest of the time.
I considered streaming my radio station but the station I listen to
doesn't have that option. There doesn't seem to be much streaming
video ... unless you count porn.

I do like it though; I downloaded a 92 meg file and the unpacking took
longer than the download. An interesting fact. I ordered an x86-64
notebook, hopefully it will turn the download into the longest step
again.
--Steve
Old April 24th 05, 01:56 PM
Black Shuck

Janet venus got up from the bar and shouted: :
This I think will work for most people.

Sigh, Another American idiot who thinks the internet does not exist
outside their own shores.

Actually your scam will work for less than 1% of the world population.
******.
Old April 24th 05, 06:56 PM
Wes Newell

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 11:29:45 +0000, GuitarMan wrote:

Is there a listing somewhere on availability of FIOS?
or when it will be available in areas?
Thanks...

Check with your local phone company. to see if your fiber cable in your
area.