TV out is black. asusv8460

Old February 16th 04, 09:30 PM
Svein Idar Hansen

Default TV out is black. asusv8460

Hi

This is the case. I have a Asus V8460 Ti4600 running on nvidia drivers
45.23. Now everything works perfect.
But using any other driver than 45.23 screwes up the TV-out signal.

The result of running f.ex. 53.04 or any driver in between 45.23 and 53.04
gives a black tv-out signal when running video in full screen. Note this is
only conserning video signals and my settings are Dual View with Video
Mirror on a full screen. This has only been working for me in the 45.23
driver none other that that driver fixes the problem.

But I really want to keep up to date with the drivers...

anyone else had the same problem?
do you need more info to troubleshoot the problem?

best regards
SNiVA

Old February 16th 04, 09:39 PM
Boosfuk

Same problem with my Leadtek TI4600, so stuck with 45.23 drivers. A
number of others have posted same problem on the net. No solution but it
is thought that it is the 5x.xx drivers do not support this older
generation of cards very well.

I've also tried using utilities such as TVTool with no luck.

"Svein Idar Hansen" wrote in
:

Old February 17th 04, 02:00 AM
Dirk Pajonk

You'll have to edit the extracted nv4disp.inf file of the 53.03 like this!

HKR,, NV_Modes, %REG_MULTI_SZ%, "{*}S 768x576=1;320x200 320x240 400x300
480x360 512x384 640x400=F;SHV

Look out for this section and edit it. Then install by setup.exe again.
Voila. It's working!

. 97.131...

Old February 17th 04, 10:50 AM
Boosfuk