ATI 9800 Pro installation woes - please help

Old September 1st 03, 10:38 PM
Hope

I play a lot of half life mods and i have the same fault
first turn off fast rights in display control panel
if this dont work play in 800*600
as for ur 3dmark u should always make sure all nvidia drivers r total
removed ( pain
as for ur problem now
when u reinstall ur hard drive
aways install
1st os
2nd Motherboard Drivers u MUST do this before anythink else
3rd if u can go online update windows ser Pack 1 plus all updates
4th all ur drivers

"Nidhal Abaza" wrote in message
I just installed an ATI 9800 Pro All In Wonder video card. It replaces a
Ti-4200 I had that died. I am pretty sure the installation did not go

well.
First of all, my 3DMark 2001 score came in at about 9000. Not to get too
hung up on scores, but my Ti-4200 scored a 9100. Seems like my 9800 should
blow that score away. And whenever I fire up Half-Life, it only appears in
the upper left hand corner of the screen (about 25% of the screen). I

don't
think there is anything wrong with the card itself. I suspect the problem

is
this: the manual says to make sure the proper AGP controller driver is
installed before installing the card. However, I couldn't do that, because

was replacing a dead video card and had no way of booting up without the

ATI
card. I did a fresh install of Win XP, installed the ATI drivers/software
from the disc, then installed the updated versions from the website, and
then tried to install the AGP driver that came with my motherboard's CD. I
got an error that said "A software error occurred: Cannot Install Intel
graphics driver on current graphics device". Does anyone know how to get
around this?

Old September 2nd 03, 04:13 AM
Nidhal Abaza

Default ATI 9800 Pro installation woes - please help

I just installed an ATI 9800 Pro All In Wonder video card. It replaces a
Ti-4200 I had that died. I am pretty sure the installation did not go well.
First of all, my 3DMark 2001 score came in at about 9000. Not to get too
hung up on scores, but my Ti-4200 scored a 9100. Seems like my 9800 should
blow that score away. And whenever I fire up Half-Life, it only appears in
the upper left hand corner of the screen (about 25% of the screen). I don't
think there is anything wrong with the card itself. I suspect the problem is
this: the manual says to make sure the proper AGP controller driver is
installed before installing the card. However, I couldn't do that, because I

Old September 2nd 03, 05:38 AM
Stacey

Nidhal Abaza wrote:

I just installed an ATI 9800 Pro All In Wonder video card. It replaces a
Ti-4200 I had that died. I am pretty sure the installation did not go
well. First of all, my 3DMark 2001 score came in at about 9000. Not to get
too hung up on scores, but my Ti-4200 scored a 9100. Seems like my 9800
should blow that score away. And whenever I fire up Half-Life, it only
appears in the upper left hand corner of the screen (about 25% of the
screen). I don't think there is anything wrong with the card itself. I
suspect the problem is this: the manual says to make sure the proper AGP
controller driver is installed before installing the card. However, I
couldn't do that, because I was replacing a dead video card and had no way
of booting up without the ATI card. I did a fresh install of Win XP,
installed the ATI drivers/software from the disc, then installed the
updated versions from the website, and then tried to install the AGP
driver that came with my motherboard's CD. I got an error that said "A
software error occurred: Cannot Install Intel graphics driver on current
graphics device". Does anyone know how to get around this?

What MB are you using? Are there any "?" in the device manager? What does it
say about the AGP controller in there? Does the MB have on board video? You
might be trying to install a chipset driver for the wrong version chipset
as it sounds like that driver is for a version with the "intel extream
graphics" on it.

If it does have on board video, reenable it in the bios (while you still
have the card in place so you can see!), shut down, reconect the monitor to
the MB, install the drivers, shutdown, turn off the onboard video in the
bios and reinstall the card.. That should get the chipset drivers in place
so the video drivers can work right.
--

Stacey

Windows XP installation problem MLK General 16 August 26th 04 02:15 AM
Laptop woes Fixed John McGaw General 4 August 18th 03 12:15 PM
Radeon 9800 Pro Fred Bloggs General 5 June 30th 03 03:36 AM
NIC installation problem Maureen General 1 June 25th 03 02:22 AM
How do I manage to start up with Win XP installation CD from scratch? M Shafaat General 4 June 24th 03 03:42 AM