MGS4 looks hugely downgraded on PS3 b/c of Nvidia RSX compared torealtime 2005 demo running on dual GF 7800

Old May 27th 08, 02:38 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox
AirRaid

Default MGS4 looks hugely downgraded on PS3 b/c of Nvidia RSX compared torealtime 2005 demo running on dual GF 7800

final game in 2008 on PS3 with RSX

http://i26.tinypic.com/29mso6a.jpg
http://i32.tinypic.com/wcn4if.jpg
http://i32.tinypic.com/294gu3c.jpg
http://i31.tinypic.com/3452795.jpg
http://i29.tinypic.com/2rzqsyd.jpg
http://i31.tinypic.com/wu49xv.jpg
http://i26.tinypic.com/madymo.jpg
http://i27.tinypic.com/21d3ckj.jpg
http://i25.tinypic.com/otp9h1.jpg
http://i30.tinypic.com/2ihv29w.jpg
http://i32.tinypic.com/28s98o4.jpg
http://i32.tinypic.com/fm1hlz.jpg
http://i26.tinypic.com/72zy29.jpg
http://i32.tinypic.com/332tc7s.jpg
http://i31.tinypic.com/15hyer5.jpg
http://i26.tinypic.com/2who64z.jpg
http://i29.tinypic.com/15x6emx.jpg

RSX
8 ROPs @ 500 MHz = 4000 Mpixels/s fillrate
128-bit bus w/ 650 MHz GDDR3 = 22.4 GB/sec bandwidth

original REALTIME MGS4 demo trailer from fall 2005
running on development kit with GF 7800 SLI

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/ar...10848_640w.jpg
http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/ar...38293_640w.jpg
http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/ar...40184_640w.jpg
http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/ar...43356_640w.jpg
http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/ar...39278_640w.jpg
http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/ar...31372_640w.jpg
http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/ar...28434_640w.jpg

2x GF 7800
32 ROPs
2x 256-bit bus

far more fillrate & bandwidth than RSX

Old May 27th 08, 08:26 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox
mark johnson

AirRaid wrote:
[...]

And it still looks like one of the best games on any console.

Plus a little thing you seem to have left out, is that the PS3 uses some
of the Cell for graphics too. So combining the Cell + RSX, the
fillrates will be a lot higher.
Old May 27th 08, 09:53 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox
Bottom

"Mark Johnson" wrote in message

And it still looks like one of the best games on any console.

It looks ok not great. Halo 3 is still better to me.
The game will be that, just ok. Like the last one.

Old May 27th 08, 11:27 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox
boodybandit[_2_]

"Bottom" wrote in message

"Mark Johnson" wrote in message

And it still looks like one of the best games on any console.

It looks ok not great. Halo 3 is still better to me.
The game will be that, just ok. Like the last one.

Comparing a first person shooter to a stealth game?
Halo 3, unlike MGS in it's genre, isn't even the pinnacle of FPS games.
It appears that Ubisoft might have been so impressed with MGS4 that they
basically cancelled Splinter Cell.

Old May 27th 08, 11:28 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox
boodybandit[_2_]

"AirRaid" wrote in message
final game in 2008 on PS3 with RSX

Awe. Are you ****ed off that Ubisoft all but cancelled Splinter Cell?
Poor kid.

Old May 28th 08, 12:19 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox
Rich Hutnik[_2_]

On May 27, 4:53 pm, "Bottom" wrote:
"Mark Johnson" wrote in message

And it still looks like one of the best games on any console.

It looks ok not great. Halo 3 is still better to me.
The game will be that, just ok. Like the last one.

Halo 3 doesn't look at good. This looks very good. The graphics
aren't a problem. If it plays well, and has a good story, it is a
must-own for PS3 owners.

- Rich
Old May 28th 08, 12:44 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox
boodybandit[_2_]

"Rich Hutnik" wrote in message
On May 27, 4:53 pm, "Bottom" wrote:
"Mark Johnson" wrote in message

And it still looks like one of the best games on any console.

It looks ok not great. Halo 3 is still better to me.
The game will be that, just ok. Like the last one.

Halo 3 doesn't look at good. This looks very good. The graphics
aren't a problem. If it plays well, and has a good story, it is a
must-own for PS3 owners.

If you can't skip the videos in MGS4 I don't think I will be able to get
into it. I never got into a MGS game because stealth missions in shooters
bore me to tears but I am going to give this one a try. I figured I never
played a GTA game before I and I really liked GTAIV. Hopefully it will be
the same with MGS4.

Old May 28th 08, 04:52 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox
Jordan

On May 27, 6:38 am, AirRaid wrote:

It still looks worth playing, but the critics who complain about games
with 2 color palates (grey and brown) are going to have a field day.

What's the point in doing HD games in shades of gray?

- Jordan
Old May 28th 08, 04:55 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox
Jordan

On May 27, 4:44 pm, "boodybandit" wrote:

If you can't skip the videos in MGS4 I don't think I will be able to get
into it. I never got into a MGS game because stealth missions in shooters
bore me to tears but I am going to give this one a try. I figured I never
played a GTA game before I and I really liked GTAIV. Hopefully it will be
the same with MGS4.

The only MGS games I played were the original NES title (hated it) and
the first Playstation title (loved it.)

At the time MGS came out I was burned out on FPS so it was cool having
something that operated on a different level. If you approach it like
a FPS you get killed really quickly. I also don't know why people skip
the cut scenes. That's where all the story is.

- Jordan
Old May 28th 08, 09:01 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox
Inquiry

On Tue, 27 May 2008 20:55:31 -0700 (PDT), Jordan
wrote:

On May 27, 4:44 pm, "boodybandit" wrote:

If you can't skip the videos in MGS4 I don't think I will be able to get
into it. I never got into a MGS game because stealth missions in shooters
bore me to tears but I am going to give this one a try. I figured I never
played a GTA game before I and I really liked GTAIV. Hopefully it will be
the same with MGS4.

The only MGS games I played were the original NES title (hated it) and
the first Playstation title (loved it.)

At the time MGS came out I was burned out on FPS so it was cool having
something that operated on a different level. If you approach it like
a FPS you get killed really quickly. I also don't know why people skip
the cut scenes. That's where all the story is.

But how the cut scenes are delivered will determine how playable this
game will be. If this game allows for sensible game saves, then we,
as game players, can manage how many times we will view the cut
scenes.

If we have to view cut scenes everytime we load the game or a
chapter/level we load, then this game's already lost points for me.
But that remains to be seen.

One thing's for certain, seeing as how Konami's been going down the
hill with their games, I wouldn't be surprised if they wouldn't give
any control over the cut scenes and force the gamers to sit through
countless hours of cut scenes to artificially make the game look
"good".

They ****ed over their loyal customers with PES2008. That's their
international holy grail and they didn't blink twice when they decided
to release such a ****ty game and lose grounds to EA's FIFA franchise.

Konami ****es on their customers because they think they can get away
with it. But I think they're in a for very ****ing rude awakening
with MGS4. I don't think MGS4 will be the savrior that Sony/Konami
will be for their console and their respective companies.

Is MSG4 even in ****ing 1080p???????? Hey Sony buttplug that you are,
flig, can yoiu confirm???????