nVidia Chipset(CK804) driver download for Win XP

Old August 14th 05, 11:20 PM
Mark A

Default nVidia Chipset(CK804) driver download for Win XP

I downloaded the nVidia Chipset(CK804) driver version V6.65 for Windows
XP(WHQL). for a A8N-E motherboard from the Asus website. The file name is
Chipset_WINXP32_V665.zip which unzips to Chipset_WINXP32_V665.rar. I can't
figure out how to install the driver. There is no *.rar file on my system.

Old August 14th 05, 11:26 PM
Robert Hancock

Mark A wrote:
I downloaded the nVidia Chipset(CK804) driver version V6.65 for Windows
XP(WHQL). for a A8N-E motherboard from the Asus website. The file name is
Chipset_WINXP32_V665.zip which unzips to Chipset_WINXP32_V665.rar. I can't
figure out how to install the driver. There is no *.rar file on my system.

Just download it from NVIDIA's site - 6.66 is the latest version now anyway.

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
To email, remove "nospam" from
Old August 14th 05, 11:33 PM
Mark A

"Robert Hancock" wrote in message news:LyPLe.217139
Just download it from NVIDIA's site - 6.66 is the latest version now
anyway.

Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada

I don't have a problem downloading it. I just don't know how to install a
file with RAR file extension.

Version 6.66 is for Win2K / Win2003. Version V6.65 is for WinXP.

I am talking about A8N-E motherboard.

Old August 14th 05, 11:56 PM
Vic

http://www.download.com/3000-2250-10007677.html
..rar file is just another type of compression format like .zip
go to the url shortcut and download winrar free version
to uncompress the file , and the install.
Good luck
Vic

Old August 15th 05, 12:45 AM
Stephan Grossklass

Mark A schrieb:

I downloaded the nVidia Chipset(CK804) driver version V6.65 for Windows
XP(WHQL). for a A8N-E motherboard from the Asus website. The file name is
Chipset_WINXP32_V665.zip which unzips to Chipset_WINXP32_V665.rar.

Very funny. I guess if you unpack that you'll get a .tar.gz or whatnot.

I can't
figure out how to install the driver. There is no *.rar file on my system.

Use this packer:
http://www.7-zip.org/
Ever since it supports drag'n'drop (fully since 4.24b) I see no reason
not to recommend 7-Zip.

Stephan
--
Home: http://stephan.win31.de/
PC#6: i440BX, 2xP3-500E, 704 MiB, 250+80 GB, R9k AGP 64 MiB, 110W
Old August 15th 05, 01:16 AM
Mark A

"Stephan Grossklass" wrote in message
Mark A schrieb:

I downloaded the nVidia Chipset(CK804) driver version V6.65 for Windows
XP(WHQL). for a A8N-E motherboard from the Asus website. The file name is
Chipset_WINXP32_V665.zip which unzips to Chipset_WINXP32_V665.rar.

Very funny. I guess if you unpack that you'll get a .tar.gz or whatnot.

Stephan
--

I got it unpacked. The zip file (which contained the RAR) was 15 bytes
smaller (out of 30BM) than the RAR file. Sometimes I wonder where Asus finds

Also, the Nvidia website list the same drivers as version 6.66 on its
website (same as 6.65 on the Asus web site). I guess that since didn't use
the 6.66 drivers from Nvidia site, I will not need to perform an exorcism of
my system.