Highly recommended!

Old November 27th 03, 04:29 PM
Sir Basil

Default Highly recommended!

I'd just like to say that I highly recommend the NF7-S and the XP2500+!!

Changed the HDD controller to the basic one as suggested earlier in this
group (Thankyou!), pulled the old chip and mobo, put in the new one, jumped
into the BIOS, changed everything to the default bog standard settings, let
WinXP boot up and install all the drivers, rebooted for everything to take
effect, then restarted dropped into the BIOS again and get this:

The motherboard had three options for my locked Barton in terms of FSB,
Multipliers etc, which were User Defined, XP2500+ and XP3200+.... Hmm, no
choice there really!! It set EVERYTHING up for me, every timing, every
voltage, this board kicks ass!!

Anyway, thanks for everyone's help, now I gotta see if my 350W PSU can take
a Radeon 9800 Pro as well....

SB

Old November 27th 03, 08:50 PM
Wayne Youngman

"Sir Basil" wrote
I'd just like to say that I highly recommend the NF7-S and the XP2500+!!

The motherboard had three options for my locked Barton in terms of FSB,
Multipliers etc, which were User Defined, XP2500+ and XP3200+.... Hmm, no
choice there really!! It set EVERYTHING up for me, every timing, every
voltage, this board kicks ass!!

Anyway, thanks for everyone's help, now I gotta see if my 350W PSU can

take
a Radeon 9800 Pro as well....

Hi,

yes it is a good combo!. Been running mine for about 2.5 months now,
flawless!. You should be fine with the Radeon 9800Pro, I use the 9800 and
it rocks. . . .just a 300w ANTEC PSU supplying all the juice.
--
Wayne ][

Barton (AQXEA) XP2500+ @ 2.2GHz (10x220) - 1.775vCore
CoolerMaster Aero 7 Lite - 3,200rpm
ABIT NF7-S (v2.0 - BIOS#14)
512MB Dual TwiSTER PC3500 @ DDR440 1:1 (9,3,3,2.0 - 2.8v)
Sapphire Atlantis 9800 - 3.3ns Samsung
240GB (2x120GB) WD-SE SATA RAID-0 (16k Stripe)
Antec SX630II Mini-Tower Case Inc 300w PSU
WinXP-PRO-SP1
Cat 3.7 - DX9.0b