Texture Problems!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 17th 04, 10:01 PM
Gaffer

Default Texture Problems!

I've recently started getting texture problems with games (ones that have
good graphics and are more demanding) and I have no idea why. I used to be
able to play "GTA Vice City" with my graphics card (Geforce4 ti4200 8x) with
absolutely no problems with texture or anything else. But now I have notice
quite a lot of texture problems in the game which make it very annoying.
There is no problem with the speed of games at all, it runs as fast as ever.

I have noticed these texture problems with other games too, not just Vice
City. I have noticed that the texture problems are somewhat worse with the
newer drivers (53.04 & 56.64) and not as bad with some of the older ones
(41.09 & 44.03) and I have now tried around six different drivers for Vice
City but still I get the problems. When I tried each driver I always deleted
the previous from my PC using "add/remove programs" and used Driver Cleaner
to get rid of any other files to do with Nvidia and install the next one to
try. For the life of me I cannot remember what driver I was using (to
previously play Vice City) before I got these problems but I'm pretty sure
I've tried it because I have experimented with a good few of them now trying
to solve this problem.

Something else I've noticed, I'm not sure if it's related, but if I restart
my PC (Start/Shut down/Restart/) then sometimes my PC does come back on. The
PC stays ON but my monitor goes off and to get it started I need to press
the reset button on my computer to get it to load up my OS. Is this because
my PC isn't picking up my graphics card? This never happens if I just switch
on my computer when it's off.

System Specs:
AMD Athlon XP 2700mhz
512 DDR Ram 333
AT7-MAX2 motherboard
120GB SATA Cache 8m
Geforce 4 ti4200 8x

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

_____
Gaffer

Sapphire Radeon 9800SE + Shuttle machine = Problems Jiri Kuukasjärvi General 2 September 12th 04 11:17 AM
Omega Drivers Striker Ati Videocards 14 June 10th 04 02:40 PM
Texture Problems Mike B Ati Videocards 0 February 10th 04 06:35 AM
Major Computer Problems Toronto Garage Door Company General 20 November 13th 03 10:41 PM
Club3D 9700 pro texture problems in BF1942 Birdy Ati Videocards 4 November 3rd 03 09:59 AM