9700 Pro Crash during benchmark with 3dmark03

Old December 17th 03, 02:08 AM
Sean

Default 9700 Pro Crash during benchmark with 3dmark03

Hi, I've been having a bit of a problem getting 3dmark03 to run for a
while. For the last week I've tried to find any information about why
this would happen or what to do to rectify it, but to no avail. Ok,
here is my problem: I can start 3dmark03 and start running the tests
just fine. However, after a randomn amount of tests finish, the
program crashes. Sometimes it crashes after 3 tests are run, or
sometimes it makes it all the way to the sound test. More often than
not, however, it crashes on the CPU test. It does not crash while the
test is occuring. It crashes while the test is on the loading screen.
I've provided an extensive copy of my system details if anyone knows
anything about why this might happen. Thanks for your time!

-Sean-

SystemInfo version 3.4
XSLT StyleSheet version 3.1-d

CPU Info
CPU 1/1
AMD Athlon(TM) XP 1900+ 1.6 GHz
Manufacturer AMD
Family AMD Athlon(TM) XP 1900+
Internal Clock 1.6 GHz
Internal Clock Maximum 1.6 GHz
External Clock 137.0 MHz
Socket Designation SOCKET A
Type Central
HyperThreadingTechnology N/A
Capabilities MMX, CMov, RDTSC, 3DNow!, Extended 3DNow!, SSE
Version AMD Athlon(TM) XP 1900+
Caches
Level 1 128 KB
Level 2 256 KB

DirectX Info
Version 9.0b
Long Version 4.09.00.0902

DirectDraw
Version 5.3.0000000.900
Primary Device RADEON 9700 PRO

Display Device 1/1
RADEON 9700 PRO Driver 6.14.10.6396

Description RADEON 9700 PRO
Manufacturer ATI Technologies Inc.
Total Local Video Memory 128 MB
Total Local Texture Memory 128 MB
Total AGP Memory 118 MB
Driver File ati2dvag.dll
Driver Version 6.14.10.6396
Driver Details 7.95-031028m-011774C-ATI
Driver Date 9-30-2003
Driver WHQL Certified true
Max Texture Width 2048 px
Max Texture Height 2048 px
Max User Clipping Planes 6
Max Active Hardware Lights 8
Max Texture Blending Stages 8
Fixed Function Textures In Single Pass 8
Vertex Shader Version 2.0
Pixel Shader Version 2.0
Max Vertex Blend Matrices 37
Max Texture Coordinates 8
VGA Memory Clock 310.5 MHz
VGA Core Clock 324.0 MHz
PCI
Name RADEON 9700 PRO
Vendor ID 0x1002
Device ID 0x4e44
SubSystem ID 0x00021002
Revision ID 0x00

Texture Formats
32-bit ARGB [8888]
32-bit RGB [888]
16-bit RGB [565]
16-bit RGB [555]
16-bit ARGB [1555]
16-bit ARGB [4444]
8-bit A [8]
8-bit YUV [800]
FourCC [UYVY]
FourCC [YUY2]
FourCC [DXT1]
FourCC [DXT2]
FourCC [DXT3]
FourCC [DXT4]
FourCC [DXT5]

Capabilities
AGP Texturing, Hardware Transform and Lighting, Positional Lights,
Subpixel Accurate Rasterizing, Stencil Buffers, Range Fog, Table Fog,
Vertex Fog, W-Fog, Specular Gouraud Shading, Anisotropic Filtering,
Bilinear Filtering, Point Sampling, Trilinear Filtering, Additive
Texture Blending, Dot3 Texture Blending, Multiplicative Texture
Blending, Subtractive Texture Blending, Environmental Bump Mapping,
Environmental Bump Mapping With Luminance, Cube Mapping, Factor Alpha
Blending, Vertex Alpha Blending, Texture Alpha Blending, Texture
Clamping, Texture Mirroring, Texture Wrapping, Guard Band Support,
Mipmap LOD Bias Adjustment, Projected Textures, Volume Textures, Point
Primitive Support, Full-Screen Anti-Aliasing, DXT Compressed Textures,
Two Sided Stencil Test, Mipmapped Volume Textures, Mipmapped Cube
Textures, Spherical Mapping, Automatic Mipmap Generation, Hardware
Rasterization, Shading, Transform and Lighting, Scissor Test, Legacy
Depth Bias

DirectShow
Version 9.0b
Long Version 4.09.00.0902

Registered DirectShow Filters
..RAM file Parser
AC3 Parser Filter
AC3 Source Filter
AC3 from AVI XForm
ACELP.net Sipro Lab Audio Decoder
ACM Wrapper
ASF ACM Handler
ASF DIB Handler
ASF DJPEG Handler
ASF ICM Handler
ASF JPEG Handler
ASF URL Handler
ASF embedded stuff Handler
ASX file Parser
ASX v.2 file Parser
ATI MPEG Video Decoder
ATI Time Shift Reader
ATI Time Shift Splitter
AVI Decompressor
AVI Draw
AVI Splitter
AVI/WAV File Source
BDA MPEG2 Transport Information Filter
BDA Slip De-Framer
Color Space Converter
Creative MP3 Source Filter
CyberLink Audio Decoder (ATI)
CyberLink DVD Navigator (ATI)
CyberLink Video/SP Decoder (ATI)
DV Muxer
DV Splitter
DV Video Decoder
Decrypt/Tag
Default DirectSound Device
Default MidiOut Device
DivX Decoder Filter
DivX for Blizzard Decoder Filter
DivXAntiFreeze
DivXG400
DivXG400Force
File Source (Async.)
File Source (Netshow URL)
File Source (URL)
File stream renderer
Honestech File Source (Async.)
IVF source filter
Indeo Audio Software
Indeo Video 4.5 Decompression Filter
Indeo Video 5.2 Decompression Filter
InterVideo Audio Decoder
InterVideo Video Decoder
Internal Script Command Renderer
Ligos MPEG Splitter
Ligos MPEG Video Decoder
Line 21 Decoder
Line 21 Decoder 2
Lyric Parser
MIDI Parser
MJPEG Decompressor
MPEG Audio Decoder
MPEG Layer-3 Decoder
MPEG Video Decoder
MPEG-2 Demultiplexer
MPEG-2 Sections and Tables
MPEG-2 Splitter
MPEG-I Stream Splitter
Microsoft MPEG-4 Video Decompressor
Microsoft Screen Video Decompressor
Morgan Stream Switcher
Multi-file Parser
NSC file Parser
NVF Filter
Ogg Multiplexer
Ogg Splitter
Overlay Mixer2
QT Decompressor
QuickTime Movie Parser
SAMI (CC) Parser
VBI Surface Allocator
VGA 16 Color Ditherer
VaroDVD Audio Decoder
VaroVision MPEG-2 Decoder
Video Port Manager
Video Renderer
Vorbis Decoder
WM ASF Reader
WM ASF Writer
WMS Filter
WMplug
WST Decoder
Wave Parser
Windows Media Audio Decoder
Windows Media Multiplexer
Windows Media Pad VU Data Grabber
Windows Media Update Filter
Windows Media Video Decoder
Windows Media source filter
XML Playlist
Xing VideoCD Navigator
XviD MPEG-4 Video Decoder
YUV Transform
ffdshow MPEG-4 Video Decoder

DirectSound
Version 5.3.0000000.900
Speaker Configuration Stereo
Speaker Geometry Wide
Primary Device SB Audigy Audio [FF40]

Sound Device 1/2
Creative Audigy Audio Processor (WDM) Driver 5.12.5.441

Description SB Audigy Audio [FF40]
Manufacturer Creative Technology, Ltd.
Driver File ctaud2k.sys
Driver Version 5.12.5.441
Driver Date 10-21-2003
Driver WHQL Certified true
Max Supported 3D Hardware Sounds 64
EAX Support Supported
PCI
Name Creative Audigy Audio Processor (WDM)
Vendor ID 0x1102
Device ID 0x0004
SubSystem ID 0x00511102
Revision ID 0x03

Capabilities
Continuous Rate, Primary Buffer with 16-bit Samples, Primary Buffers
with 8-bit Samples, Monophonic Primary Buffers, Stereo Primary
Buffers, Hardware-mixed Secondary Buffers with 16-bit Samples,
Hardware-mixed Secondary Buffers with 8-bit Samples, Hardware-mixed
Monophonic Secondary Buffers, Hardware-mixed Stereo Secondary Buffers
Sound Device 2/2
CMI8738/C3DX PCI Audio Device Driver 5.12.1.643

Description C-Media Wave Device
Manufacturer C-Media
Driver File cmaudio.sys
Driver Version 5.12.1.643
Driver Date 11-27-2002
Driver WHQL Certified true
Max Supported 3D Hardware Sounds 17
EAX Support Supported
PCI
Name CMI8738/C3DX PCI Audio Device
Vendor ID 0x13f6
Device ID 0x0111
SubSystem ID 0x80e21043
Revision ID 0x10

Capabilities
Continuous Rate, Primary Buffer with 16-bit Samples, Primary Buffers
with 8-bit Samples, Monophonic Primary Buffers, Stereo Primary
Buffers, Hardware-mixed Secondary Buffers with 16-bit Samples,
Hardware-mixed Secondary Buffers with 8-bit Samples, Hardware-mixed
Monophonic Secondary Buffers, Hardware-mixed Stereo Secondary Buffers

Memory Info
Total Physical Memory 512 MB
Free Physical Memory 272 MB
Total Pagefile Memory 1.22 GB
Free Pagefile Memory 1.04 GB

Memory Array 1/1
Max Module Capacity 3.00 GB
Supported Speeds
Supported Types
Supported Voltages

Memory Slot 1/3
Installed Enabled Size 512 MB
Form Factor DIMM
Frequency 0.0 Hz
Slot DDR 2
Manufacturer unknown
Type Details
Enabled Size 512 MB
Total Bit Width 64 b
Data Bit Width 0 b
Memory Slot 2/3
Installed Enabled Size 0 B
Frequency 0.0 Hz
Type Details
Enabled Size 0 B
Total Bit Width 0 b
Data Bit Width 0 b
Memory Slot 3/3
Installed Enabled Size 0 B
Frequency 0.0 Hz
Type Details
Enabled Size 0 B
Total Bit Width 0 b
Data Bit Width 0 b

Motherboard Info
Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer INC.
Model A7V333
Version REV 1.xx
BIOS Vendor Award Software, Inc.
BIOS Version ASUS - 42302e31
BIOS Release Date 28/01/03
BIOS Properties Plug and Play, Flash, AGP
AGP
Revision 2.0
Rate 1x, 2x, 4x (4x enabled)
Available Rate 0x00000007
Selected Rate 0x00000004
Aperture Size 128 MB
Sideband Addressing supported (enabled)
Fast Write not supported

Card Slots
Slot 1/7 (PCI)
Order 1
Designation PCI-1
Type PCI
Characteristics
Data Bus Width 32 b
Details Available, Long
IRQ 0

Slot 2/7 (PCI)
Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC
Order 2
Designation PCI-2
Type PCI
Characteristics
Data Bus Width 32 b
Details In Use, Long
Device Class Network Adapter
Manufacturer Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
Driver Version 5.606.811.2003
Driver Date 8-11-2003
IRQ 16

Slot 3/7 (PCI)
Creative Audigy Audio Processor (WDM)
Order 3
Designation PCI-3
Type PCI
Characteristics
Data Bus Width 32 b
Details In Use, Long
Device Class Sound, Video or Game Controller
Manufacturer Creative Technology, Ltd.
Driver File ctaud2k.sys
Driver Version 5.12.5.441
Driver Date 10-21-2003
IRQ 17

Slot 4/7 (PCI)
LifeView FlyTV Prime 30
Order 4
Designation PCI-4
Type PCI
Characteristics
Data Bus Width 32 b
Details In Use, Long
Device Class Sound, Video or Game Controller
Manufacturer Animation Technologies Inc.
Driver Version 2.3.0.19
Driver Date 7-8-2003
IRQ 18

Slot 5/7 (PCI)
Order 5
Designation PCI-5
Type PCI
Characteristics
Data Bus Width 32 b
Details Available, Long
IRQ 0

Slot 6/7 (PCI)
RADEON 9700 PRO
Order 6
Designation PCI-6
Type PCI
Characteristics
Data Bus Width 32 b
Details In Use, Long
Device Class Display Adapter
Manufacturer ATI Technologies Inc.
Driver Version 6.14.10.6396
Driver Date 9-30-2003
IRQ 16

Slot 7/7 (AGP)
RADEON 9700 PRO
Order 0
Designation AGP
Type AGP
Characteristics
Data Bus Width 32 b
Details In Use, Long
Device Class Display Adapter
Manufacturer ATI Technologies Inc.
Driver Version 6.14.10.6396
Driver Date 9-30-2003
IRQ 16

System Devices
Name VIA Tech CPU to PCI Bridge
Manufacturer VIA
Name VIA Standard PCI to ISA Bridge
Manufacturer VIA

Name VIA Tech CPU to AGP Controller
Manufacturer VIA

Monitor Info
Monitor 1/1
Name KDS Visula Sensations XF-9e/XF-9p
Manufacturer Korea Data Systems (USA) Inc.
Max Width 1600 px
Max Height 1200 px

Operating System Info
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP
Version 5.1.2600
Service Pack Service Pack 1
Locale US
Desktop Width 1280 px
Desktop Height 1024 px
Desktop BPP 32 b

Open Processes
Name PID Memory Usage
3DMark03.exe 3424 12 MB
apcsystray.exe 2400 3 MB
ati2evxx.exe 984 2 MB
ati2evxx.exe 1500 2 MB
ccApp.exe 292 9 MB
CCEVTMGR.EXE 1332 3 MB
csrss.exe 684 3 MB
CTHELPER.EXE 424 5 MB
CTsvcCDA.EXE 1548 1 MB
explorer.exe 1932 21 MB
Idle 0 20 KB
LEXBCES.EXE 1272 3 MB
LEXPPS.EXE 1340 3 MB
lsass.exe 764 5 MB
LXSUPMON.EXE 356 3 MB
mainserv.exe 1520 3 MB
mdm.exe 1588 3 MB
msmsgs.exe 448 4 MB
MsPMSPSv.exe 1984 2 MB
NAVAPSVC.EXE 1600 512 KB
NOPDB.EXE 1864 3 MB
NPROTECT.EXE 1616 4 MB
nutsrv4.exe 2028 2 MB
point32.exe 372 4 MB
services.exe 752 4 MB
smss.exe 620 468 KB
spoolsv.exe 1300 5 MB
svchost.exe 1012 3 MB
svchost.exe 1036 21 MB
svchost.exe 1168 2 MB
svchost.exe 1224 3 MB
System 4 224 KB
TaskSwitch.exe 380 2 MB
type32.exe 1812 4 MB
wanmpsvc.exe 1956 2 MB
wcescomm.exe 1204 2 MB
winlogon.exe 708 3 MB
wmiprvse.exe 3516 5 MB

Name PID Memory Usage
3DMark03.exe 3424 12 MB
apcsystray.exe 2400 3 MB
ati2evxx.exe 984 2 MB
ati2evxx.exe 1500 2 MB
ccApp.exe 292 9 MB
CCEVTMGR.EXE 1332 3 MB
csrss.exe 684 3 MB
CTHELPER.EXE 424 5 MB
CTsvcCDA.EXE 1548 1 MB
explorer.exe 1932 21 MB
Idle 0 20 KB
LEXBCES.EXE 1272 3 MB
LEXPPS.EXE 1340 3 MB
lsass.exe 764 5 MB
LXSUPMON.EXE 356 3 MB
mainserv.exe 1520 3 MB
mdm.exe 1588 3 MB
msmsgs.exe 448 4 MB
MsPMSPSv.exe 1984 2 MB
NAVAPSVC.EXE 1600 512 KB
NOPDB.EXE 1864 3 MB
NPROTECT.EXE 1616 4 MB
nutsrv4.exe 2028 2 MB
point32.exe 372 4 MB
services.exe 752 4 MB
smss.exe 620 468 KB
spoolsv.exe 1300 5 MB
svchost.exe 1012 3 MB
svchost.exe 1036 21 MB
svchost.exe 1168 2 MB
svchost.exe 1224 3 MB
System 4 224 KB
TaskSwitch.exe 380 2 MB
type32.exe 1812 4 MB
wanmpsvc.exe 1956 2 MB
wcescomm.exe 1204 2 MB
winlogon.exe 708 3 MB
wmiprvse.exe 3516 5 MB

Name PID Memory Usage
Idle 0 20 KB
System 4 224 KB
ccApp.exe 292 9 MB
LXSUPMON.EXE 356 3 MB
point32.exe 372 4 MB
TaskSwitch.exe 380 2 MB
CTHELPER.EXE 424 5 MB
msmsgs.exe 448 4 MB
smss.exe 620 468 KB
csrss.exe 684 3 MB
winlogon.exe 708 3 MB
services.exe 752 4 MB
lsass.exe 764 5 MB
ati2evxx.exe 984 2 MB
svchost.exe 1012 3 MB
svchost.exe 1036 21 MB
svchost.exe 1168 2 MB
wcescomm.exe 1204 2 MB
svchost.exe 1224 3 MB
LEXBCES.EXE 1272 3 MB
spoolsv.exe 1300 5 MB
CCEVTMGR.EXE 1332 3 MB
LEXPPS.EXE 1340 3 MB
ati2evxx.exe 1500 2 MB
mainserv.exe 1520 3 MB
CTsvcCDA.EXE 1548 1 MB
mdm.exe 1588 3 MB
NAVAPSVC.EXE 1600 512 KB
NPROTECT.EXE 1616 4 MB
type32.exe 1812 4 MB
NOPDB.EXE 1864 3 MB
explorer.exe 1932 21 MB
wanmpsvc.exe 1956 2 MB
MsPMSPSv.exe 1984 2 MB
nutsrv4.exe 2028 2 MB
apcsystray.exe 2400 3 MB
3DMark03.exe 3424 12 MB
wmiprvse.exe 3516 5 MB

Name PID Memory Usage
Idle 0 20 KB
System 4 224 KB
smss.exe 620 468 KB
NAVAPSVC.EXE 1600 512 KB
CTsvcCDA.EXE 1548 1 MB
wcescomm.exe 1204 2 MB
MsPMSPSv.exe 1984 2 MB
ati2evxx.exe 984 2 MB
ati2evxx.exe 1500 2 MB
svchost.exe 1168 2 MB
nutsrv4.exe 2028 2 MB
wanmpsvc.exe 1956 2 MB
TaskSwitch.exe 380 2 MB
NOPDB.EXE 1864 3 MB
LEXPPS.EXE 1340 3 MB
CCEVTMGR.EXE 1332 3 MB
csrss.exe 684 3 MB
svchost.exe 1012 3 MB
LXSUPMON.EXE 356 3 MB
LEXBCES.EXE 1272 3 MB
mainserv.exe 1520 3 MB
mdm.exe 1588 3 MB
winlogon.exe 708 3 MB
apcsystray.exe 2400 3 MB
svchost.exe 1224 3 MB
msmsgs.exe 448 4 MB
point32.exe 372 4 MB
services.exe 752 4 MB
NPROTECT.EXE 1616 4 MB
type32.exe 1812 4 MB
wmiprvse.exe 3516 5 MB
spoolsv.exe 1300 5 MB
CTHELPER.EXE 424 5 MB
lsass.exe 764 5 MB
ccApp.exe 292 9 MB
3DMark03.exe 3424 12 MB
explorer.exe 1932 21 MB
svchost.exe 1036 21 MB
Logical Drives
Letter Label Type Capacity Available
A: Floppy 0 B 0 B
C: Hard Disk 115.03 GB 18.60 GB
D: Floppy 0 B 0 B
E: CD-ROM 0 B 0 B
F: POP_PLAY CD-ROM 684 MB 0 B
G: POP_INSTALL CD-ROM 697 MB 0 B

Open Applications
3DMark03

Hard Disk Info
Hard Disk Drive 1/2
Name IC35L120AVVA07-0
Manufacturer (Standard disk drives)
Capacity 0 B
Model IC35L120AVVA07-0
Interface Type IDE
Hard Disk Drive 2/2
Name IOMEGA ZIP 100
Manufacturer (Standard disk drives)
Capacity 0 B
Model IOMEGA ZIP 100
Interface Type IDE
Old December 17th 03, 03:39 AM
LeeB18509

"Sean" wrote in message
om...
[...]

.......snip way too much information....

It's possibly a heat issue, try running without a side cover. What
brand/rating of power supply?

Old December 17th 03, 09:35 AM
Sean

"LeeB18509" wrote in message ...

It's possibly a heat issue, try running without a side cover. What
brand/rating of power supply?

I check the recording of heat, and the temperature stays at a constant
52 degrees celsius. I have approximately 14 fans in my case, and with
the side cover off it stays at the same temperature as when it is on.
As far as power supply goes, I have an Antec 550watt Silent PSU. I
don't have issues in any other type of application (Game, rendering,
prime factoring), only in 3dmark03.

-Sean-
Old December 17th 03, 09:39 AM
Noozer

I check the recording of heat, and the temperature stays at a constant
52 degrees celsius. I have approximately 14 fans in my case, and with
the side cover off it stays at the same temperature as when it is on.
As far as power supply goes, I have an Antec 550watt Silent PSU. I
don't have issues in any other type of application (Game, rendering,
prime factoring), only in 3dmark03.

14 Fans!?!?! Cripes... maybe the card is getting blown out of the AGP slot!

Try gettting rid of some of the fans!

Old December 17th 03, 10:33 AM
Martijn Stam

"Noozer" wrote in message
I check the recording of heat, and the temperature stays at a constant
52 degrees celsius. I have approximately 14 fans in my case, and with
the side cover off it stays at the same temperature as when it is on.
As far as power supply goes, I have an Antec 550watt Silent PSU. I
don't have issues in any other type of application (Game, rendering,
prime factoring), only in 3dmark03.

14 Fans!?!?! Cripes... maybe the card is getting blown out of the AGP

slot!

Try gettting rid of some of the fans!

LOL

If 3D Mark stops while loading a new test, it can be the computer memory
that is broken...
Try setting the memory devider to 5:4 or even 3:2 and run the tests again.

grtz,

Martijn Stam
The Netherlands

Old December 17th 03, 04:47 PM