Doom 3 on Pentium III 450 with fx5200

Old May 16th 04, 10:00 AM
Skybuck Flying

Default Doom 3 on Pentium III 450 with fx5200

Well after having played with halo, homeworld 2, t3, cod and rtcw I saw
somebody's message wondering if doom3 would work on his system.

So I started wondering too... would doom3 alpha again work on my system but
this time with fx5200... since all the other games were still playable... I
just had to find out =D

This screenshot says it all

http://coolingfanboycott.freewebspac...m3with4FPS.JPG

It went like this:

1. I went to www.doom3world.org

2. Then I tried installing older drivers, no luck.

3. Then I installed RivaTuner and enabled nv40 emulation and bingo, it's
working !
( I wonder if this nv40 emulation would make my tnt2 even look good ! )

I did discover one bad thing and that is that RivaTuner showed that my
fx5200 is in fact a 64 bit version ? hmmmm weird... I am not sure if that is
true or not... if it is true I find this somewhat misleading advertising of
asus and nvidia :P

I am not sure if my TNT2 is agp 4x... maybe my fx5200 is just 2x... so maybe
I should give the tnt2 another try with this emulation going on or so... or
maybe it won't work.

Well I will now continue my tuning of doom3... and squezing more cpu power
out of my system since I haven't even started tuning yet... ok will just a
little... ansithropic **** off, high performance nvidia settings, firewall
off, etc... oops better hurry with this message.

So all you nay-sayers and ****ers out there... lol... saying that my system
can't possibly get 5 tot 30 fps on halo... eat your ****ing hart out lol
!!!! hahahahaha

( even doom 3 is getting 3 to 7 fps hihihihihi )

Bye, Bye,

On happy,

Skybuck

Old May 16th 04, 04:06 PM
Mr. Brian Allen

Tuning an FX5200 is like polishing a turd. It's still ****.

Old May 16th 04, 06:31 PM
Folk

On Sun, 16 May 2004 11:06:24 -0400, "Mr. Brian Allen"
wrote:

Well I will now continue my tuning of doom3... and squezing more cpu power
out of my system since I haven't even started tuning yet...

Tuning an FX5200 is like polishing a turd. It's still ****.

LOL
Old May 18th 04, 12:10 AM
Darthy

wrote:

Well I will now continue my tuning of doom3... and squezing more cpu power
out of my system since I haven't even started tuning yet...

Tuning an FX5200 is like polishing a turd. It's still ****.

LOL

LOL!!!

- - - - -
Remember: In the USA - it is dangeroud to draw or write about Heir Bush in a negative way. The police or SS are called, people threaten to kill you. (What country is this again?)

- 15yr old boy in Washington was disciplined for drawing such images.
- White House blows cover of an undercover agent because her husband said there were no WMD (before the USA started the war) - her job was finding terrorist. (This makes sense?)
God bless the land of the free. Where you can burn the Constitution... Ashcroft does it every day.