Two Stars for Crysis.

Old November 17th 07, 03:23 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Skybuck Flying

Default Two Stars for Crysis.

Hi,

I just finished playing Crysis single player and watched the credits,
amazing how many people are involved

Anyway the game had it's moment:

Good stuff:

1. Tank combat/big level nice.

2. The alien spaceship, felt very alien like, you don't know what to expect
the music and sound is creapy, totally digged it/lovely ! Zero gravity very
nice. Aliens floating/flying/screaming by you etc, and screaming when shot
very nice.
Especially on a surround sound speaker set pretty damn cool !

3. The shotgun/rag doll physics are nice, you really feel like you blow
somebody away.

4. The plane level was kinda interesting too by the plane was a bit hard to
control, tornado's in the game never seen that before.

5. The blue aliens kinda interesting.

6. The goons/chinese soldiers kinda bored me a little bit but sometimes
surprised me as well like the sniper soldiers sneaking up on me that was
kinda funny.

7. There are other enemies with power suits and that was kinda scary and
cool too

The action in the game itself is a bit numb... it's not top notch.

This game also suffers the same bad weapon switching like call of duty 4...
when people are panicking they tend to hit the same button over and over and
over again just to make sure they hit it... that's why weapon switching with
the same key is bad... they just switch back and forth, back and forth...
that should not happen. One key per weapon is best and more than enough !

Also using the wheel mouse kinda takes to much time to switch weapons but
ok... maybe it's nice as alternative... I can't remember how I play
battlefield 2... or return castlewolfenstein... but I probably don't use
wheel mouse that much...

Keys are better/faster.

Anyway the scale of the game is pretty amazing... Pretty big levels.

Too much enemies maybe ? I didn't feel like killing all the soldiers so I
skipped many... (Already killed those in demo),

That's also kinda amazing in Crysis... not everything needs to be killed to
progress the game... good thing too, because otherwise it would take too
long

The end bosses where kinda annoying, didn't know how to kill the first one,
had to google it.

Many times I could see the enemies far away but they didn't respond...
etc... so that could be better maybe... ai was also pretty slow and dumb
most of the time...

During the mine level it became to difficult and I switch from normal to
easy mode... It's nice that difficulty can be changed during the campagne...
and I finished the game on easy.

I wonder how the game/alien level would be on normal... well it has lost
it's magic now so now I know what happens and etc... so I replayed it one
more time but I didn't have the magically feeling like I had the first time

Also the move fast forward through the tunnels/alien level was pretty cool !

Also the way the alien fly through the alien space ship is very very cool as
well !

The level reminds me a little bit of the alien level of area 51... but this
time with zero gravity and a bit different... stuff floating around and such
very nicely done, and lights and stuff.

So I couldn't wait to get to the alien stuff... I think the game took a bit
long before I got to fight the aliens... and finally the snow level was
kinda interesting because I saw it on the trailers... but it's not really
that much special.. though the nice sound effect were cool.. and kinda
interesting how the aliens jumped around on the rocks etc... but nothing to
earth shattering

The game was interesting to play, the story was interesting. If it was
boring I wouldn't have played it.

I wonder what would happen if the developers got together with the developer
of say call of duty 4 or quake 4 and somehow transferred some knowledge...
especially from say cod4/quake4 to crysis...

I think crysis can use some of the hard core action from the other games...
since I think crysis is lacking a bit in this area... so I could have been
better.

I wish the developers and designer and such of crysis lots of wisedom in the
future how to create more action packed shooters.

I think they did ok, the pace is missing... the speed in the game is a bit
slow... the ai has to think faster, move faster, the main character has to
move a bit faster as well... just a little bit and it would have hit the
sweet spot

I wonder how crysis 2 will be

I hope to hear my different sounds per alien... more different moves...
maybe have the aliens transform... or unite shortly... and then divide
again... attack in groups... run over the ground.. maybe unite into a big
weapon to fire at the player... maybe pickup some builders, throw them at
player... just a little bit... maybe drill into the ground to surprise the
player... maybe create earthquakes... maybe push over trees to try and hit
the player... not too much just a little bit... maybe pick up the tree and
swing with it... or pick it up fly over and drop it onto the player.

Maybe a funny little bot which crawls into the palm tree takes the coconuts
and throws them at the player

Ofcourse the player can eat the coconuts and say jummy !.... and some
coconuts might be bad and player goes ieeew... that was a bad one. Or now my
hands are sticky, **** ! Wish he can then wash of in the sea lol

Also a heat ray could be cool... to melt the ice and cover the player maybe
in a tsunami of water coming down the mountains or so... or just clearing
the ground... while shooting at him...

The game needs a little bit more hi-tech descrutive power and/or robots...
fighting the player. Though the robots should been carefully thought about
and play some roll otherwise it's just boring filling that's not good.

Maybe some robots which are ment to harvest something like tree, leaves, or
snow, or water, or maybe food or research robots which are researching the
planet... and combat robots to illiminate human resistance... maybe
infiltrators which can disguise as humans with holograms or so...

Maybe some drilling equipment/robots/vehichles... since somehow the most be
able to drill out of the mountain and such.

Well my nvidia cards have had their work to do... they gathered the
necessary dust... and probably overheated just a little bit or maybe not I
am not sure... maybe the airflow not optimal anymore... or maybe the dust
preveting properly cooling.
They started squeeking again a little bit... so the oil probably dryed up of
all this heavy gaming the last few days...

I relunctant to clean my pc from dust inside... because I might kill my PC
(again) LOL... and it takes quite some time and it's boring job so I don't
wanna do that right now... oh well... hoping it will go away a little bit it
probably will if it spins enough or so or maybe cools down or so and
otherwise to bad.

I find crysis an inspiring game... huge levels... nice graphics... nice
special effects... yeah.

I haven't tried multiplayer yet, it's not working for me at the moment... to
bad/shame though... maybe it's good ?

Well it's not the greatest action game on the face planet but it's not bad
either.

And therefore crysis gets 2 star rating from Skybuck.

(2 out of 5 )

Bye,
Skybuck

Old November 17th 07, 03:30 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Dear God you need some friends. Human ones.

Turn off your silly computer and go outside for a few hours. Or years.

Old November 18th 07, 01:26 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
roach

"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message
Hi,

I just finished playing Crysis single player and watched the credits,
amazing how many people are involved

Anyway the game had it's moment:

Good stuff:

1. Tank combat/big level nice.

2. The alien spaceship, felt very alien like, you don't know what to
expect the music and sound is creapy, totally digged it/lovely ! Zero
gravity very nice. Aliens floating/flying/screaming by you etc, and
screaming when shot very nice.
Especially .............................snip, how about i tell every
****er what happens

didn't you get my ****ING!!! message ****tard?

Its bad enough you snapping one off everytime a new game comes out
but whats with the spoilers??

go here http://www.youporn.com/ and empty your sack

roach

Old November 18th 07, 07:39 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Skybuck Flying

What spoilers ?

Already knew there was an alien level and zero gravity read it somewhere or
saw it on youtube.

Anybody who's interested in this game can youtube or google it.

So only minor spoilers

LOL.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old November 18th 07, 04:39 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Augustus

Its bad enough you snapping one off everytime a new game comes out
but whats with the spoilers??

go here http://www.youporn.com/ and empty your sack

Ok, so you flame Skymoron for posting spoilers about Cysis, then you repost
the spoiler in your reply which most of us now can see because I, like many,
have killfiled Skyidiot. Need I comment on the level of thought displayed?

Old November 18th 07, 06:47 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Phil Weldon

'Agustus' wrote:
| Ok, so you flame Skymoron for posting spoilers about Cysis, then you
repost
| the spoiler in your reply which most of us now can see because I, like
many,
| have killfiled Skyidiot. Need I comment on the level of thought displayed?
_____

On the other hand, if Skyyuck's 'spoilers' have no more connection with
reality than the rests of his posts, no harm done B^) And on the third
hand, if you've killed-filed Skyyuck, then the occasional quote can be
entertaining.

Phil Weldon

Old November 18th 07, 10:50 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
roach

"Augustus" wrote in message
Its bad enough you snapping one off everytime a new game comes out
but whats with the spoilers??

go here http://www.youporn.com/ and empty your sack

Ok, so you flame Skymoron for posting spoilers about Cysis, then you
repost the spoiler in your reply which most of us now can see because I,
like many, have killfiled Skyidiot. Need I comment on the level of thought
displayed?

If you had seen the size of his original post mate you would have realised I
reposted
hardly anything

Over 1000 words if your interested

Apologies to any regs in the group