CPU Speed

Old November 19th 03, 03:29 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Adam Kolari

Default CPU Speed

I just installed a Barton 2500+, but was wondering how to get it to show up
that. It shows up as a 1700+. I know this is because the memory is set at
133MHz, but I don't know how to get the memory to go to 166MHz without
putting the PCI speed to 42MHz. Any help is appreciated...TIA!

Adam Kolari
www.saultc.on.ca/aviation

Old November 19th 03, 03:45 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Ben Pope

Adam Kolari wrote:
I just installed a Barton 2500+, but was wondering how to get it to
show up that. It shows up as a 1700+. I know this is because the
memory is set at 133MHz, but I don't know how to get the memory to go
to 166MHz without putting the PCI speed to 42MHz. Any help is
appreciated...TIA!

Eh?

Sounds like your FSB is set to 133MHz not 166MHz.

Can't really help you any more than that since you have not provided us with
any information about your setup.

Ben

Old November 19th 03, 05:05 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Ben Pope

Adam Kolari wrote:
The mobo is an Asus A7S333.

Sis 745 doesn't officially support 333 FSB processors. So I doubt you'll
ever get it to show 2500+

You may want to attempt to run at 133*13.5/14 or so.

Ben

Old November 19th 03, 07:31 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Wes Newell

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 16:33:49 +0000, Adam Kolari wrote:

The mobo is an Asus A7S333.

Is there not a 166/33 setting in the bios? If not, try and find a beta
bios that will allow that, or you might try using the 4 pos. dip switch.
It only shows 5 combos in the manual, so maybe one of the other 11 combos
will get you a 166MHz FSB. Might have better luck with this in an Asus NG.
or mabe here.
http://www.ocworkbench.com/ocwbcgi/u...ubb=forum&f=30