zalman vf 700

Old May 11th 07, 11:48 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
tony pac

Default zalman vf 700

I need to install a zalman vf 700 onto a noisy xfx 7600gt card on a dell
e521,as far as the physical size I am concerned if it is going to be to
close to the processor heat sink,I have not ordered the cooler yet,also the
power connections either 5 volt or 12 volt,anybody on this group have had
this experience.Thanks much

Old May 12th 07, 03:11 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Paul

tony pac wrote:
I need to install a zalman vf 700 onto a noisy xfx 7600gt card on a dell
e521,as far as the physical size I am concerned if it is going to be to
close to the processor heat sink,I have not ordered the cooler yet,also the
power connections either 5 volt or 12 volt,anybody on this group have had
this experience.Thanks much

So it is the PCI Express version of card.

http://support.dell.com/support/edoc..._EN/techov.htm

There is a picture here, of an XFX card that comes with VF700
on a 7600GT PCIE. The fins appear to be right up to the top of
the card.

http://www.icoda.co.kr/i_product/pro...l?it_num=77229

The VF700 manual seems to suggest the fan will run at 5V or 12V,
and the fan speed will soon tell you which rail is on the video card
connector. You can also use the adapter assembly, and run the fan from
a Molex. The video card won't get too hot, if you just do some quick
tests with just the BIOS screen showing.

http://www.zalman.co.kr/upload/product/VF700_eng.pdf

Newegg lists the VF700 dimensions as:

"Heatsink Dimensions: 91 x 126.4 x 30mm"

So check whether there is 30mm clearance between where the VF700 will
be fitted, and the processor duct. (25.4 mm per inch, conversion factor)

Paul
Old May 12th 07, 11:42 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
tony pac

Paul.thank you very much for your info,of all the replies I have gotten
yours is by far the informative

Zalman fan MNaut General 4 June 26th 04 05:31 PM
Zalman Reserator 1 Spencer Overclocking 10 June 14th 04 09:41 PM
Zalman Reserator 1 Spencer Ati Videocards 10 June 14th 04 09:41 PM
Anybody got a Zalman ZM-80C-HP David Lee Ati Videocards 5 November 3rd 03 09:05 PM
Zalman 80C-HP in UK? Jack Ukleja UK Computer Vendors 2 September 12th 03 12:14 AM