Dell Dimension 4550 Harddisk

Old January 29th 07, 03:54 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
[email protected]

Default Dell Dimension 4550 Harddisk

I've got a Dell Dimension 4550, I want to add a new harddisk to it,
but the problem is, the harddisk are screwed to such "green" things to
click in the case, and they only delivered 2 for a CDROM and 2 for a
Floppy drive, so I can't put the harddisk in the computer, can I get
some more of those "green things" to screw my harddisk on to click in
my case? :\

- Ruben

Old January 29th 07, 05:55 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ben Myers

The green drive mounting brackets are readily available and inexpensive on eBay.
Not sure if Dell's parts dept stocks them any more... Ben Myers

Old January 29th 07, 06:26 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
[email protected]

All the brackets that are on ebay are for CDROM or FLOPPY

Old January 29th 07, 07:21 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
S.Lewis

wrote in message
oups.com...
All the brackets that are on ebay are for CDROM or FLOPPY

The rails for floppy drives and hard disks are the same, or should be. They
appear to be so in my 8300.

Old January 29th 07, 07:35 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
[email protected]

They are slightly different in my computer, the harddisks have another
topping, which is only a little bit smaller, and a little different
make-up on the head, I can't click in my floppy one.. But I still need
brackets for my 4th disk

On 29 jan, 20:21, "S.Lewis" wrote:
wrote in ooglegroups.com...

All the brackets that are on ebay are for CDROM or FLOPPY The rails for floppy drives and hard disks are the same, or should be. They

appear to be so in my 8300.

Old January 29th 07, 08:00 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Tom Scales

Your 4550 came with two sets for CD drives and two sets (one in use ) for
the hard drive. The spares were in the case, attached to the side. Have
you used them all?
oups.com...

Old January 29th 07, 08:02 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Christopher Muto

the dimension 4500 comes with a set of green hard drive rails for the
installation of a second hard disk. they should be found in the spare drive
bay...
http://support.dell.com/support/edoc...ce.htm#1154906

oups.com...

Old January 29th 07, 09:27 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
[email protected]

I got a spare set for the floppy disk rack, where I used it for a
harddisk, yes, but I want another harddisk in the computer.. So I need
extra Harddisk bracket.. Not for the floppy rack..

- Ruben

On 29 jan, 21:00, "Tom Scales" wrote:
Your 4550 came with two sets for CD drives and two sets (one in use ) for
the hard drive. The spares were in the case, attached to the side. Have
you used them wrote in ooglegroups.com...

Old January 29th 07, 09:42 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
[email protected]

Ok, looks like the brackets aren't in this computer, but I found
someone of my friends with the exact same computer who isn't using
them, so going to use his
Thanks for the help anyways!

- Ruben