Zone 2 Too Hot. What is Zone 2? [cooling, over-heating]

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 22nd 03, 08:54 PM
Wayne

Default Zone 2 Too Hot. What is Zone 2? [cooling, over-heating]

When rendering Video on an Intel D865PERL with an ATI AIW9000, the Intel
monitor shows "System Zone 2" getting too hot. Since it peaks at 51º and
only lasts for about an hour during rendering, I'm not too worried about
over-heating, but the alarm becomes intrusive. So I have questions.

My system has two case fans, both on the back. There is power supply fan,
and a CPU fan. All four fans are attached to the motherboard. There is a
fifth fan on the Display card.

I'm confused because the Intel monitor only shows 3 zones. All three zones
get warmer during rendering. The "Processor Zone" gets near the Red zone,
but doesn't reach it. The monitor shows three zone temperature meters
"Processor", "System 1", and "System 2". It shows three fans. "Fan 1",
"Fan 2", and "Fan 3".

I added the second case fan hoping to solve the problem, but it didn't make
any difference.

How can I know which fan is associated with which zone?

How can I tell what "System Zone 2" is?

How can I prevent "Zone 2" from getting too hot?

Is there a way to permanently dismiss the alarm? It keeps coming back to
the front and claiming control of the UI.