IPS based computer monitors?

Old March 4th 11, 06:53 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

Default IPS based computer monitors?

Does there exist IPS computer monitors with extremely
good viewing angles?

Any advice on them?
Old March 4th 11, 08:53 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
wayneP

I thought all IPS monitors had very good viewing angles as well as great
color rendition.

I think most of the major vendors have IPS panels but they tend to be in
their professional line of monitors. On the other hand, Dell has some fairly
decent and not too expensive IPS monitors.

Old March 5th 11, 03:51 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
peter

Take a look here
http://necdisplay.com/category/desktop-monitors

look at 23" and up and read the specs to see the IPS panels.
Then look at the response time and think about what you will
be using this monitor for...Games/Movies??? Photo processing??

peter

or disruptive,please ignore it.

Old March 5th 11, 05:34 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

"peter" wrote:

using this monitor for...Games/Movies

movies
Old March 6th 11, 09:54 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
jvalh

wrote:
"peter" wrote:

using this monitor for...Games/Movies

movies

I have had many monitors since 1985 and the best ones were always Sony.
Old March 7th 11, 02:03 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
peter

With Games in particular and with most Action movies
you need to look at the refresh rate....the lower the better
in order to not get artifacts in the action sequences..motion blur

Old March 7th 11, 04:52 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul

peter wrote:
With Games in particular and with most Action movies
you need to look at the refresh rate....the lower the better
in order to not get artifacts in the action sequences..motion blur
peter

Perhaps you're thinking of response time ? A low response
time reduces artifacts.

This is an example of a relatively slow monitor. But note that
the response time has two specifications. It has an 8 millisecond
grey to grey response. And a second response time of 25 milliseconds.
The response time definition was changed at one point, to make
modern monitors look more heroic.

The best monitor I could find on Newegg, claims a response time
of 1 millisecond, which seems pretty hard to believe.

There is an article here, which describes the impact of both
response time and refresh rate. Higher refresh rate monitors aren't
too common yet, but this article suggests they may help with the
perception of blur (at least for games - they'd likely ruin movies).
Apparently, response time as a parameter, loses its effectiveness,
below 10 milliseconds.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/mon...s_2.html#sect0

Paul

Old March 7th 11, 04:05 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

"peter" wrote:

With Games in particular and with most Action movies
you need to look at the refresh rate....the lower the better
in order to not get artifacts in the action sequences..motion blur
peter

ok but my main concern was finding a display that had
VERY good viewing angles...such that a person could see
the video/movie from almost any position in the room.